- Posted by Som Deep
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG which used to be conducted by CBSE till 2018 will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. By qualifying NEET (UG), the students can get admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The responsibility of the NTA will limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.
NEET Exam Pattern 2019
In 2019 NEET will be conducted on 5th May 2019. Here is the exam pattern of NEET 2019
|Exam Mode ||offline mode (paper based)|
|Total marks ||720|
|Number of Question ||180 questions in a single question paper|
|Marking scheme ||+ 4 for correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer|
|Type of Question || objective type questions with multiple choices |
|Exam Duration ||3 hours|
|Subjects ||Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology|
|Languages of Question Paper||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.|
Question Pattern and Mark Distribution
|Subject ||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total || 720|
- The question paper will bear total 720 maximum marks (180*4).
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- No marks will be awarded for unanswered questions.
- Changing answer is not allowed.
- Multiple answers will be considered as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
NOTE: Candidates should use only blue/black ball point pen to mark their answers.
NEET Score Calculation 2019
Total number of correct answers X 4 – Total number of incorrect answers X 1
Medium/ Language of Question Papers
- The question paper will be available in Hindi and English all over India.
- The candidates can also ask for Question Paper in any of the given languages such as English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Urdu & Kannada.
- The candidate choosing a vernacular language would be allotted the centres as per the list.
- The option of the medium of question paper can be opted during form filling process. Once the option is exercised cannot be changed latter.
- English version will be treated as final in case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions
Following is the list of languages and the centers/cities where they are available-
|Language ||cities of the exam centre|
|English and Hindi Medium ||All Examination Centers|
|English & Urdu || All Examination Centres|
|English & Assamese ||Assam|
|English & Bengali ||West Bengal and Tripura|
|English & Marathi ||Maharashtra|
|English & Gujarati ||Gujarat, Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|English & Odia ||Odisha|
|English & Tamil ||Tamil Nadu|
|English & Telugu ||Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|English & Kannada||Karnataka|
Read More here: