The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is the entrance examination for students who wish to take admission into various medical courses in different government and private medical colleges of India. The entrance was named as All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) which is now replaced with NEET-UG. Earlier different medical colleges and states used to conduct admission on their own. From 2019 onwards the National Testing Agency (NTA) is the new conducting body of the NEET exam and it is scheduled to be held once in a year.
NEET UG 2020 Schedule:
|Registration Starting of Application Form||2nd December 2019|
|Closing Application Form||1st January 2020|
|Last date for Payment||1st January 2020|
|Correction Window Open||15th January - 31st January 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||27th March 2020|
|Exam date||3rd May 2020|
|Release of Answer key||4th June 2020|
|Announcement of result||4th June 2020|
2nd week of June 2020
NEET UG 2020 Admit Card:
Those candidates who have successfully submitted their application forms will be able to get the admit card for the entrance exam. The admit card for NEET 2020 is expected to be released on the 27th March, 2020.The admit card will be made available for the eligible students online on the official website of NEET. The students will need to visit the official website and download the admit card and take a printout for the exam. The admit card is a mandatory object for the entrance exam. The candidates need to attach one of their photocopies along with the admit card.
- Candidates can download the admit card for NEET UG 2020 till 3rd May 2020. The application number and date of birth of the candidate are required to download the admit card.
- Candidates will be mailed a copy of their admit card to their registered email ID in pdf format after downloading the admit card.
- Along with the admit card, a valid photo identity proof should be carried out to the exam hall.
- The registration process of NEET UG 2020 will continue from 1st DEC 2019 to 31st Dec 2019 and the exam will be held ion 3rd May 2020.
- The exam will be conducted in 2 national and 9 regional languages including English, Hindi, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Bengali and Urdu.
Here is the process to download the admit card of NEET UG 2020-
- Visit the official website of NEET UG 2020 and click on the link "Download NEET admit card 2020".
- Then students are required to enter their Application number, Date of birth with security pin and then go for the submit button.
- Then after you can see the NEET UG 2020 Admit card on the display screen.
- Students are advised to check all the mentioned details in the admit card to avoid any type of discrepancy.
- Then proceed for to avail the admit card in pdf form by using the download link.
- Now save it and take a print out of the admit card.
Details mentioned in NEET UG 2020 Admit card-
As we said above, Admit card is a must to carry to the exam hall as because without admit card no candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall. So the admit card carries some of the details about the candidate and the candidates must check the details whether there is any mistake in the admit card and report it to the authorities for rectification.
- Name of candidate
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Application number
- Roll number
- QR code
- Category of applicant
- NEET 2020 exam date and time
- Reporting time and time for last entry
- Address of aspirant
- Language (medium) of question paper
- NEET exam centre name and address
- Exam centre number
- Passport size photograph (uploaded in the application form)
- Signature (uploaded during registration)
- IP address and date of downloading of admit card
- Space to paste passport size photograph (same as used during registration)
- Signature of candidate (to be done in the exam hall in front of the invigilator)
- Signature of parent
- NEET UG senior director signature
- Other general instructions to be followed
- Address of the Exam center
Here are some of the important facts related to NEET UG 2020 Admit card-
- The important documents that should be carried out along with admit card are One passport size photograph same as uploaded in the application form, One original ID proofs such as PAN card/Driving license/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar card (with photograph)/Ration card any other government document etc.
- As per the choosed preferences, students are allotted their exam centers and the proper address of the exam center will be mentioned on the admit card.
- In case, the admit card is lost, students need not to worry as NTA will send a pdf format of the admit card to the registered email ID of every candidate.
- The candidates must keep the admit card after the exam is over as it is required in the admission process.
- The admit card also carries the exam day instructions which should be followed by each and every candidate.
NEET UG Admit Card 2019 Available Here
NEET UG 2020 Syllabus:
- Class 11th - Physical world and measurement, Work, Energy and Power, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Behavior of Perfect Gas, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves.
- Class 12th - Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices.
Best Books For Physics:
- Concepts of Physics, part 1 and 2 by H C Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Objective Physics for medical entrance examination (volumes 1 and 2) by D C Pandey
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11 and 12 by NA
- Physics MCQ by D Mukherjee
- Class 11th - Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry and s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals),
- Class 12th - Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Best Books For Chemistry:
- Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Oxford’s Organic Chemistry by Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves,
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee
- MTG’s Objective NCERT at your fingertips by MTG Editorial Board
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry of Classes 11 and 12 (volumes 1 and 2) by S.P. Jauhar
- Class 11th - Diversity in Living World, Cell Structure and Function, Human Physiology and Plant Physiology
- Class 12th - Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology and Environment.
Best Books For Biology:
- Objective Biology (volumes 1 & 2) by GR Bathla
- Biology Classes 11 and 12 (Volume 1 & 2) by Pradeep Publications
- Objective Biology (Volume 1, 2, and 3 along with Practice Papers) by Dinesh Publications
- Objective Biology (volumes 1 and 2) by Trueman Publications
- A Class Book for Botany by A C Dutta
NEET UG 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Exam Mode||Offline mode (paper-based)|
|Number of Question||180 questions|
|Marking scheme||(+ 4 ) for correct and (-1) for an incorrect answer|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology|
|Languages of Question Paper||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.|
NEET UG 2020 Mark Distribution:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
NEET UG 2020 Cut Off:
The NEET Cut off 2020 specifies the minimum marks for the candidates to qualify for the medical entrance exam. That means the NEET 2020 cut off mark will set the limit for the qualification of the candidates. The candidates having marks equal to or more than the NEET Cut off 2020 will be eligible to get admitted to medical, dental and allied courses.
- The NEET Cut off Marks for OBC-PH category is 96.
- The highest mark secured in NEET Cut off 2018 is 691 out of 720.
- There was a decrease in cut offs of NEET 2019. The decrease was of 12 marks for unreserved category and 11 marks for reserve category.
NEET UG 2020 Application Form:
As per the official schedule, National Testing Agency, NTA has released the online application forms for NEET 2020 on 2nd December 2020. Students interested in applying for undergraduate medical and dental courses are required to qualify the NEET 2019.
How To Apply NEET UG 2020 Online?
Step-1: NEET UG 2020 Registration:
- Go to the official website of NEET and enter your name, email Id, mobile number, gender, State of Eligibility, Identification Type, etc to register and generate the provisional application number and login credentials.
- After this the candidates have to choose a password and type it for 2 times and then enter a security question with its answer.
- The next step is to click on the OTP verification and an OTP will be sent to the registered number of the candidate which is used to proceed.
- After successful registration, the application form will be displayed on the screen.
Step-2: Filling the NEET UG 2020 Application Form:
Candidates have to fill all the data required in the application form. The application form consists of personal details, academic details and communication details etc.
- The personal details part of the application form required many information and Some details from Registration will be auto displayed and these cannot be changed.
- The details include Candidate’s Name (auto), Mother’s and Father’s Name (auto), Gender (auto), Category (auto), Date of Birth (auto), Nationality (auto), Persons with disability (auto), Do you belong to Minority Category?, Are you suffering from Diabetes Type I?, Identification Type, Identification Number, Place of Birth, State, District, etc.
- Then comes the " choice of medium of question paper" that the candidates have to choose from English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Urdu.
- The candidates have to choose 4 exam centers from 256 exam cities as a drop-down list.
The academic details includes all the information regarding 10th & 12th such as School Board of Class 12 or equivalent Name of School/College (passed/appearing), Address of School/College, Place of study, Year of passing, State where School/College is located, District where School/College is located, Qualifying Exam Code, Year of passing/Appearing class 12 or equivalent, Percentage of marks obtained in Class 10th if passed, Enter Roll Number of class 12
- The candidates have to fill their permanent as well as correspondence address.
- The email id and registered number are automatically displayed from registration details.
- The candidates also required to fill the qualification, accupation and annual income of their Parents/Guardian.
- Then enter the security pin and submit all the details.
Step-3: Uploading scanned documents:
- After filling all the required information, the candidates need to upload the scanned copies of their photograph and signature.
- The photograph should be postcard size with a white background having the name of the candidate and date of photograph below the image & the Size of the file should be 10 KB to 100 KB in JPEG format.
- The signature should be in black ink pen on a white paper and should be scanned to a file with size 3 KB to 20 KB in JPG format.
Step-4: Application fee payment:
- The application fee for General/OBC Candidates is Rs. 1,400 and for SC/ST/PH Candidates is Rs. 750.
- Students can pay the application fee in online mode through Debit/Credit/ Net Banking.
- Students can also pay the application fee in offline mode through E-challan of SBI bank.
- Fee payment can be done till December 31, 2020, which is also the last date for filling in the NEET application form 2020.
- Keep the proof of payment in the form of transaction ID/ receipt in case of online payment or stamped E-challan (candidate’s copy) safe as it may required at the time of admission.
Step-5: NEET Acknowledgement receipt:
- After the successful payment of the application fee, a acknowledgement receipt or confirmation page will be generated which indicates that the application form of NEET UG is successfully submitted.
- Also a copy of the NEET acknowledgement or confirmation page will also be sent to the registered email as well the mobile number of the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to take the printouts of the receipt as well as the form for future use.
Read Also: Last Minute Tips for NEET Aspirants
NEET UG 2020 Counselling:
The counselling session for NEET 2020 will be conducted soon after the declaration of the result for the entrance exam. The counselling session will follow the rank order of the candidates produced from the entrance exam. Those students who will qualify the entrance have to register themselves for the counselling session. The candidates will be given the options to choose their preferred locations for the college as well as the counselling session. As per the ranking and the choice, the candidates will be intimated for the counselling session.
The NEET UG 2020 counseling is of 2 types that is-
Nation-wise: The nation-wise or All India NEET UG 2020 counseling is held for 15% of the seats available in all govt. colleges and 100% of the seats in deemed universities.
State-wise: The state-wise NEET UG counseling is held for the remaining 85% of the seats available in all govt. colleges and 100% of the seats in deemed universities.
- For all India and state also, the counselling process of NEET UG 2020 is carried out in two rounds.
- In case of All India Quota, a mop-up round is held for the vacant seats in deemed and central universities.
- The vacant government seats will fall back to the respective state quota.
Documents required at the time of Counseling:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET Result
- Class 10 certificate and marksheet
- Class 12 certificate and marksheet
- Domicile/ residency proof (only for states)
- Photo ID
- Any other as specified
Top Medical colleges accepting NEET score:
|Name of the College||NIRF ranking||Closing rank of 2019||Total intake|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||6||669||100|
|King’s George Medical University, Lucknow||10||908||250|
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||14||32||250|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||19||157||170|
|JSS Medical College, Mysuru||17||55165||200|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||23||171||170|
|Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal||28||11146||100|
|Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati||29||10135|
NEET UG 2020 Reservation Criteria:
NEET UG 2020 Result:
The result for the NEET 2020 entrance exam will be declared on the official website. The result is expected to be released on the 5th of June this year. However, there are no options for any re-evaluation/re-checking in NEET 2020.
How To Check NEET UG 2020 Result Online?
- Go to the official page
- Find and click on NEET 2020 Result link
- Log in to the website using required credentials
- To log in, enter your roll no along with the date of birth in the given box
- Check the result shown on the screen
- Download the scorecard for further use.
Participation of NEET aspirants throughout the years:
NEET UG 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key for NEET 2020 will be released on the official website. The answer key is expected to be released within 1 week of the exam commencement. In case of any wrong answers, the candidates can also challenge the official answer key with a fee of 1000/-.
NEET UG 2020 Eligibility:
- The candidate is the citizen of India.
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) and Foreign Nationals are also eligible to sit in this exam.
- Candidates from J & K state can be eligible for 15% AIQ seats by self-declaration.
Educational Qualifications -
- A candidate needs to have passed 12th from any recognized University or Board with a combination of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Biotechnology.
- A general category candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology to be eligible for the exam and that of a physically handicapped person from general category, the minimum aggregate score is 45%.
- SC or ST or OBC candidates should have a minimum of 40% aggregate marks to be eligible for the exam.
Age Limit -
Candidates should have at least reached 17 years of age. The maximum age limit is 25 years and in case of SC, ST or OBC candidates there can be the relaxation of 5 years.
Number of attempts-
There is no limit in attempting for NEET entrance exam. Candidates are allowed to attempt as many time as possible.
NEET UG 2020 FAQs:
Q: When will the admit card for NEET 2020 will release?
A: The admit card for NEET-UG 2020 is expected to release on the 27th of March.
Q: What is the date for the NEET 2020 Exam Commencement?
A: The NEET 2020 entrance exam will be conducted on the 3rd of May 2020.
Q: How many times a year and by whom NEET is conducted?
A: NEET is conducted once by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Q: How many students appeared for NEET-UG 2019 and how many cleared the exam?
A: Over 14 lakh candidates applied for the NEET 2019 exam in 2019 from which 7,97,042 candidates cleared the exam.
Q: Is there any maximum age limit for NEET-UG 2020?
A: The upper age limit for general category is 25 years and for SC/ST/OBC category is 30 years.
Q: Can we edit the centre of the examination?
A: No, you can not change the city or centre of the exam once you have submitted the application form.
Q: How many times a candidate can give the NEET UG 2020 exam?
A: A candidate can give NEET exam numerous times, given that he comes under the age limit.
Q: Is there any change in the NEET UG 2020 exam syllabus, exam pattern, and mode of the exam this year?
A: No, there is no specific changes made this year.
Q: What should I do if I don't get admit card on the mentioned date?
A: Admit card won't be sent to you directly. You need to download it from the website only.
Q: What changes I can make in the application form after submission?
A: You cannot change any details after you have hit the submit button. However, the NTA may open a brief window period where the candidates can edit their information.
Q: What is the application fee for NEET UG 2020?
A: Application fee for different categories is mentioned below:
- For general/OBC category - Rs 1400/-
- For SC/ST - Rs 750/-
Q: What are the documents required by the foreign nationals for NEET UG 2020?
A: The foreign nationals like NRI/OCI/PIO must have proof in form of a certificate issued by the Indian embassy/ ministry of external affairs, the government of India along with a certificate in the prescribed proforma on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.50 by father/mother/guardian.
Q: How many colleges in India accept NEET UG 2020 score?
A: Around 355 medical colleges and 125 dental colleges throughout the country accept the NEET UG 2020 score for admission.
Q: Which top medical colleges don't require NEET UG 2020 score?
A: Admissions in colleges like AIIMS and JIPMER can not be done through NEET UG 2020 score. They conduct their own entrance exam.
Q: What are the best books to prepare for NEET-UG 2020?
A: Books to study for clearing NEET-UG are:
- NCERT Physics Class XI & Class XII
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- NCERT Chemistry textbooks for Class XI and XII
- ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
- NCERT Biology Class XI and Class XII textbooks
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- GR Bathla publications for Biology
- Objective Biology by Dinesh