Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2020) is university-level online entrance exam held for providing admission to first-year degree UG and PG programs such as B.Tech, B.Pharma, and M.Sc courses offered at BITS Pilani campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. This exam is the gateway to the admission into diverse Engineering courses such as Computer Science, Civil, Chemical, Electrical and Electronics, Instrumentation, Electronics and Communication, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical and Biotechnology. Candidates seeking admission at BITS must fill the application form of BITSAT 2020 which will be released in online mode tentatively in the first week of January 2020. BITSAT 2020 will be conducted in online mode by BITS Pilani in various slots tentatively in May 2020. The application process of BITSAT 2020 will be held completely in online mode and the application fee can be paid in both online and offline mode. Before applying for BITSAT 2020, candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria of BITSAT exam. The result of the entrance test is declared in two forms - the initial result of BITSAT 2020 is announced after the completion of the entrance exam and the second in the form of admit list in wait list.
BITSAT 2020 Highlights:
|Name of the Exam||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Level of Examination||University Level|
|Admission Offered||UG Engineering Courses|
|Application per Year|
Approx. 3 lakhs
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
BITSAT 2020 Schedule:
|Opening of Application form||January 04, 2020|
|End of submission of the application form||March 20, 2020|
|Editing of Application form ||March 22 to 25, 2020|
|Exam centre allotment||March 27, 2020|
|Starting of Slot booking by candidates||March 28 to April 08, 2020|
|Hall ticket availability||April 12, 2019 to May 13, 2020|
|Exam date||May 16 to 26, 2020|
|Apply for admission based on 12th marks||May 16, 2019 to June 18, 2020|
|Admission list and waiting list declaration|
June 20, 2020
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card:
The admit card for BITSAT will be released online on April 12 on its official website of BITS Pilani. Those candidates who have successfully completed their slot booking will be able to download the admit card from the official website. The admit card of BITSAT 2020 is a mandatory document that candidates need to carry to get entry into the exam hall. The BITSAT hall ticket will carry details like the name of the candidate, centre of examination, date of time of exam and a lot of other important information.
How to Download BITSAT 2020 Admit Card Online?
- Log on to the website of BITSAT and click on the "Download Admit Card" link
- Log in through the login credentials (Application no., gender, DOB etc)
- The admit card will be shown on screen
- Check the admit card thoroughly and download it for further use.
Important things to keep in mind about BITSAT Admit Card
- Candidates can download admit card tentatively from April 12, 2020.
- BITSAT Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the official website.
- The hall ticket includes the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, test centre details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot and exam instructions.
- Use BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus:
The syllabus is based on the NCERT books of 11th and 12th class. The questions of sections are from different topics such as Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, and Biology. Candidates can prepare from NCERT textbooks. Candidates must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabi of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology.
Candidates are also advised to practice with sample papers from previous years and mock tests.
Practising BITSAT Sample Papers carry a number of advantage. Some of the benefits are given below:
- To prepare and perform better in BITSAT 2020 test.
- These mock tests are set on the pattern followed by BITSAT 2020.
- Candidates can attempt them to analyze their preparation and performance.
- It is important to solve mock tests and sample papers beforehand to analyze the level of preparation and areas that need improvement.
You can get the sample papers and mock tests below.
Syllabus for BITSAT 2020
|Units and Measurement||States of Matter||Algebra||Diversity in Living World||Grammar||Verbal Reasoning|
|Kinematics||Atomic Structure||Trigonometry||Cell: The unit of life: Structure and Function||Vocabulary||Non- Verbal Reasoning|
|Newton's Laws of Motion||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Two Dimensional Coordinate Geometry||Genetics and Evolution||Reading Comprehension||Binary Logic|
|Impulse and Momentum||Thermodynamics||Three Dimensional Coordinate Geometry||Structure and Function- Plants||Composition||Analogy|
|Work and Energy||Physical and Chemical Equilibria||Differential Calculus||Structure and Function- Animals||Verbal Reasoning||Puzzle Test|
|Rotational Motion||Electrochemistry||Integral Calculus||Reproduction, Growth, and Movement in Plants||Verbal Ability||Syllogism|
|Gravitation||Chemical Kinetics||Ordinary Differential Equations||Reproduction and Development in Humans||Synonyms||Classification Test|
|Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||Surface Chemistry||Vectors||Ecology and Environment||Antonyms||Alphabet Test|
|Oscillations||Hydrogen and s- block elements||Statistics||Biology and Human Welfare||Eligibility Test|
|Waves||p-, d-, and f- block elements||Linear Programming||Biotechnology and its Applications |
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Principles of Organic chemistry and Hydrocarbons||Mathematical Modelling|
|Current Electricity||Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen|
|Magnetic Effect of Current||Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry|
|Electromagnetic Induction||Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
Those who’re appearing the BITSAT 2020 Entrance test are advised to check out the Exam pattern for BITSAT 2020 thoroughly. It will be very helpful for the candidates as they will have the idea about the topics which will be covered in the exam and how they should be prepared. The exam will be conducted by the authorities in computer-based modes. The question papers will be in the English language. The test will be divided into 4 parts covering Physics, Chemistry, Math / Biology, English Proficiency - Logical Reasoning. The Entrance test will be comprised of 150 questions with 3 marks for each right answers. There is also a negative marking system. For each wrong answer, one mark will be deducted from the student.
Highlights about BITSAT exam pattern
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Total Questions||150 |
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking scheme||+3 Marks for correct answers, -1 Mark for wrong answers, 0 for unanswered questions|
BITSAT Mark Distribution and Question Paper Pattern
|Part III||English Proficiency||10|
|Part IV||Math / Biology||45|
BITSAT 2020 Cut Off:
The cut off for BITSAT 2020 is decided by the exam conducting authorities. The cut off depends upon the no of seats available, applications received for the course, and the average score of the candidates. As the BITSAT entrance test allows students to apply for many different courses, the cut off for the entrance test also varies as per the course. However, there are two types of cut-offs. These is a wait-list cutoff and a simple round-specific cutoff. The concerned authority will release the branch wise cut-off for all degree program offered at all campuses.
The cut off is released, so that candidates can be admitted to the course as per the marks scored by the candidates. If any candidate will fail to reach the cut off marks, then he/she will not be considered for admission in that particular course for which they have applied.
Here is the expected branch wise cutoff for all campuses for reference:
BITSAT 2020 Application form:
Students can fill the application form online. Only one application form is accepted for each candidate. Candidates will have to submit three exam centers as their preferences. Sending of the printed application form to the university is not needed.
BITSAT 2020 Application Process
Application Form of BITSAT is scheduled to be tentatively released till March 31, 2020. The steps to fill the application form are mentioned below:
Step 1- Registration
1-Visit the BITSAT 2020 official website
2-Click on “New Registration” link.
3- Read all the instructions carefully and then click on “Proceed to Apply online ‘BITSAT 2020” link provided at the bottom of page.
4- Enter your personal details i.e. your name, gender, date of birth, valid email id.
5- Enter the shown captcha.
6- After filling all the details, click on Submit" button.
7- Indicate any 3 preferences from the options in the drop down menu for BITSAT Exam Center.
8- After filling the details provided in "Personal Details" section, applicants are required to click on "Confirm and Submit Details" tab.
9- In case of correction of any mistake in the form click on 'Edit above details' tab.
Step 2- Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature
1- Use the email id and password to login.
2-Upload Scanned Images by clicking “Choose File” option.
3- Select the images of signature and photograph.
4- Click on “Next” button. The preview of images will appear.
5- Click on “Upload” button to upload images.
6- Scanned photograph should be between 10- 30 KB, and scanned signature should be between 2- 20 KB. Both should be in JPG or JPEG format.
Step 3- BITSAT 2020 Application Fee Payment
|Category||Amount in INR|
|Candidates opting for Dubai as test center||4500 ($70)|
1- You can pay BITSAT 2020 Application Fee in online mode. There are 3 online payment gateways through which the fee can be remitted by the applicants.
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
2- You have to select one suitable method. Also go through the application fee charges carefully, before you proceed to make the payment.
3- International students can pay BITSAT 2020 Application fee through International credit cards and debit cards using online payment gateway.
Cash Payment Through ICICI Bank
1- Applicants are required to download the online pay-in slip.
2- After downloading the online pay-in slip, the application fee must be paid through cash, at the nearby ICICI Bank branch by the registered applicants.
3- Confirmation receipt will be provided by the bank officials to the applicants after deposit of cash.
BITSAT 2020 Counseling:
Those candidates who will be eligible will have to register themselves for the counselling session. The counselling for BITSAT 2020 will be conducted on the 4th week of May tentatively. The procedure for registering will go like, filling up personal details, submitting 10+2 mark details as per subject wise, college selection according to the preference, Filling up choices, payment of counselling fee and seat allotments.
- BITSAT seat allotment at respective BITS campuses
Counselling for BITSAT 2020 will be held by the authorities to shortlist and offer admission to aspirants in BTech programmes offered by them. Candidates will be eligible to take part in BITSAT counselling only if they qualify BITSAT exam.
Candidates who clear BITSAT 2020 will need to fill the counselling application form. The application form for BITSAT counselling will be made available to aspirants in the month of May.
The counselling process for BITSAT admissions 2020 usually commences in the month of May/June. Candidates need to go through BITSAT result iterations and waitlist in order to develop an idea of when they need to take part in BITSAT counselling process 2020.
After BITSAT results will be announced, candidates who clear the engineering entrance exam need to take part in the counselling process. BITSAT counselling is usually conducted within a week of the result being declared. BITSAT counselling process comprises two steps which are:
As part of BITSAT result, usually 4-5 iterations (seat allotment results) are released. Once BITSAT merit list 2020 will be released, candidates need to take part in the counselling process. Candidates whose names feature in the BITSAT waitlist need to take part in the next round of seat distribution.
Candidates who with lower ranks will be invited to take part in successive counselling rounds in decreasing order of their ranks till all the seats will be filled in BITS campuses and courses.
BITSAT 2020 Counselling Procedure
- Candidates who get a call for admission have to go through a separate registration process.
- The admission form will be available on the official website from June 20, 2020 onwards.
- Along with the admission form, candidates also have to submit details of their 12th marks and preference of courses.
- The admission form must be sent to the address given below, with attested copies of class 10th and 12th Marksheet by June 20, 2020.
The Dean Admissions,
BITS Pilani 333 031
- BITSAT 2020 Counselling will be done in 5 iterations.
- If BITSAT 2020 total score is the same for two candidates then, the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
- Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 Score.
- There is no reservation in BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Counselling Fees
Candidates who have successfully filled their BITSAT application form need to pay the prescribed BITSAT counselling fee 2020. The counselling fee for BITSAT exam is Rs 1,000 and aspirants need to make this payment through the available payment modes. BITSAT counselling fee can be paid through cash at all ICICI bank branches along with a specially generated Pay-in-Slip.
List of Documents to be submitted for BITSAT 2020 Counselling
Candidates who will be eligible to take part in BITSAT counselling need to submit the below mentioned documents at the time of BITSAT admissions 2020:
- Class 10 School Certificate & Marksheet
- Class 12 School Certificate & Marksheet
- BITSAT Score Card 2020
- BITSAT Counselling Letter 2020
- Passport Size Colored Photograph
- Photo ID Proof
- Residence Proof
Seat Allotment for BITSAT 2020
Here are some factors on which BITSAT seat allotment depends:
- Total number of seats available at BITS campuses
- Total number of seats available in different courses offered at BITS campuses
- Number of withdrawals as well as non-reporting
- Marks secured by candidates in Class 10+2 examination
- Status of Board Toppers
- Candidate’s BITSAT 2020 Rank
- Total number of seats available for admission after each BITSAT 2020 counselling round.
Here are the steps to check the seat allotment status:
- Visit the official website of BITSAT 2020
- Enter BITSAT 2020 application number as well as password
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
- View BITSAT seat allotment status
Direct Admission for BITSAT 2020
Top rank holders in central and state board exams will be offered direct admission in courses offered at BITS Campuses. Board exam toppers will be eligible for admission in courses offered at BITS campuses if they have obtained an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology with at least 60% marks in each subject.
BITSAT 2020 Result:
The candidates can find their scores right after the exam gets over on the screen. They can find detailed information like the no of correct answers and the no. of wrong answers. The candidates can also find the result on the very next day, in case they missed it. The result will be on the official website of BITS admission website. Along with the result, the authorities will also release the rank details. The counselling session will be done as per the ranking order.
The result for BITSAT is released in two parts.
- Candidates can check their BITSAT Score just when they complete their exam. The computer screen displays the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores
- An admit list and wait list of iteration is released in June month.
Adding to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online.
Steps to check BITSAT 2020 result
- Visit the official website of BITS.
- Click on the tab for “Online Result for BITS 2020”.
- Enter their name, application number, date of birth and roll no. and submit
- The online Scorecard for BITS 2020 will appear on the screen.
- Ensure that you download it or print it for further use.
Steps to check BITSAT 2020 result in case candidate forgets Application Number
In a situation wherein a candidate forgets his/her BITSAT application number, there is no need to worry because candidates have an option through which they can check their BITSAT result 2020. The required steps are mentioned below:
- Click on the link stating – Forgot Application Number or Password
- Enter the Registered Mobile Number, Email ID and Date Of Birth
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Once the candidate provides all the above-mentioned information he/ she will be able to view his/her BITSAT result.
BITSAT 2020 Score Report
On completing the BITSAT exam, each candidate’s score will be announced automatically on the same computer. The BITSAT result 2020 will contain the total number of correct answers and wrong answers marked by the candidate along with the candidate’s BITSAT score.
Candidates can also check their score report at the BITS admission website on the next day of BITSAT 2020 exam. Candidates must take a printout of their score report for any further usage.
Candidates are informed that they would not be allowed to take the BITSAT exam again in the same year under any circumstance.
Tie Breaker Rules for BITSAT 2020
Admissions into programs offered by different campuses of BITS is completely based on merit and the scores acquired by candidates in the BITSAT entrance exam.
In a situation wherein two or more candidates have the same BITSAT score, tie-breaker will done as per the below mentioned rules:
- Scores of candidates in Mathematics/Biology (For BPharm) subject in BITSAT will be considered for preparing the merit list.
- If the tie still exists, then the score of candidates in Physics section of BITSAT exam will be considered for preparing the merit list.
- If the tie still exists then the score of candidates in Chemistry section of BITSAT 2019 would be taken into consideration.
- If the tie still exists then the total marks of candidates in their Class 12 examination in PCM/PCB (for BPharm) will be taken into consideration.
BITSAT 2020 Answer Key:
The candidates can evaluate their result and progress if the answer key gets released by the exam conducting authorities. However, BITS Pilani does not release Answer keys. Answer keys have not been released by the official authorities for any of the previous years. However, if the answer key is released by the authorities for BITSAT 2020, then the students will be able to find the answer key in this article.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility:
Candidates aspiring for admission through BITSAT 2020 must first check the eligibility conditions laid out by the exam conducting authority before filling the application form. Candidates who fulfill the BITSAT 2020 eligibility conditions will only be considered for admissions at BITS campuses – Pilani, Hyderabad, GOA. The basic eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2020 is to secure a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects of class 12. Further criteria have been listed below:
- Candidates must have passed a 12th class examination with an aggregate of 75% marks.
- The candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects.
- There’s no age limit but only those candidates who are appearing in or have passed their 10+2 can sit in the exam.
BITSAT 2020 eligibility for B.E, and MSc
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects in 12th class.
- Candidates must have secured secure minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects
- Candidate must also have secured a minimum of 60% in each of the above subjects.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility for M. Pharm
- Candidates must have passed 12th examination from a recognized Central or State board
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects in Class 12
- Candidate must secure minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects
- Candidate must also secure minimum of 60% in each of the above subjects
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility for Direct Admission
- BITS Pilani assures guaranteed admission to all the students who have obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations.
- 1st rank holders of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2020 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 score as per the eligibility criteria.
BITSAT Eligibility for International Applicants
Candidates must have passed qualifying examination (Grade 12) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English conducted by the country's Board of Higher/Senior Secondary Education, including those in India, or its equivalent examination such as the “A” levels (conducted by Cambridge International), the International Baccalaureate, etc.Minimum of 75% aggregate marks (7.5/10), in PCM in qualifying 12th exams.
- At least 60% marks (6/10) in each of individual subjects of PCM in qualifying 12th exams.
- Minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of maximum of 2400) in SAT.
- Minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level 2.
Please note that candidates who appeared board exams before 2018 or earlier, or are currently studying in any of the BITS are not eligible for BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020 FAQs:
Q: How can I find my registration number for BITSAT in case I forget it?
A: If the candidate has to forget or misplace his/her registration number, they can found it again by following these steps.
- Go to "BITSAT Online Application status" link
- Give your personal details (Registered E-mail ID, Mobile No, Gender and DOB)
- Click on ‘Proceed’.
- The registration no will be provided on the screen again.
Q: What procedure should an NRI follow to apply for BITSAT 2020?
A: There are no different rules or procedure for NRI candidates. But those candidates having citizenship other than India can apply under “International students admissions scheme”.
Q: How can I apply for 3 different campuses?
A: There are no different forms available to apply for 3 different campuses. You can fill up all the preferences on a single form.
Q: How many BITS campuses are there?
A: There are 3 campuses of BITS and they are in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
Q: Is there any age limit for BITSAT M.Sc.?
A: No, there is no such age limit mentioned for BITSAT.
Q: Is there any negative marking for the wrong answer in BITSAT?
A: Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer and 3 marks will be added for every right answer.
Q: Is offline mode available for the registration of BITSAT?
A: No, only online mode is active for BITSAT registration.
Q: What is the application fee for NRI candidates?
A: The NRI students have to pay INR 4500 to apply for BITSAT.
Q: There is some incorrect information in my BITSAT admit card. How can I get a new correct one?
A: In case your admit card is carrying some incorrect information, you have to report the conducting authority before so that a new admit card can be generated with correct information.
Q: What are the international exam centers for BITSAT?
A: BITSAT is conducted in 2 international centers that are Dubai and UAE.
Q: I missed booking slot for BITSAT. What should I do?
A: Don't worry if you missed it, you have the chance to be offered slots by the Institutions.
Q: Can I choose my test date for BITSAT?
A: Yes, you can choose your test date and time slot also.
Q: Is there any sectional time limit in BITSAT?
A: No, there is no such sectional time limit in BITSAT, you have to complete all the sections in 3 hours.
Q: Is there any advantages of completing 150 questions before the time?
A: Yes if you attempt 150 questions before the completion of 3 hours then you will be given 12 more questions which can help you in scoring high.
Q: How could I know the number of wrong & right answers I have attempted?
A: You can check your answers just after the completion of the exam as the computer screen displays the result of total correct and incorrect answers along with the score.