VITEEE-2020 is a Common Entrance Exam which is held for the admission to courses offered at VIT Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal
as per the order of merit and availability. Vellore Institute of Technology has already been released its application form for 2020 on October 28 both online and offline mode and the last date for applying for VITEEE 2020 is March 18. Candidates can correct their errors made in VITEEE 2020 application form till February 29.
Courses Offered under VITEEE-2020:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Fashion Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
VITEEE 2020 Schedule:
|Starting of Online Application form||27th September 2019|
|Last date to submit Application form|
29th February 2020
|Slot Booking (PCME or PCBE)||3rd week of March, 2020|
|Exam Date||2nd and 3rd week of April, 2020|
30th April , 2020
|Counselling Starts||2nd & 3rd Week of May 2020|
VITEEE 2020 Admit card:
After a successful slot booking, the admit card will be generated automatically. The slot booking for VITEEE 2020 will be over by the 3rd week of March. The students will be able to get their admit card during the slot booking procedure. Those students who are eligible & will successfully complete the slot booking procedure can get the auto-generated admit cards directly from the website. The candidates need to check their admit cards thoroughly and download the admit card for the exam.
Here is the process to download the admit card-
- Visit the official website and Open the VITEEE Online Test Booking System
- Then login by using your application number and password
- Click on the “Download Admit Card” link
- Then admit card will be seen in the display screen
- Check all the details mentioned in the admit card
- Download and take a print out
Details mentioned in admit card-
As we said above, Admit card is a must to carry to the exam hall as because without admit card no candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall. So the admit card carries some of the details about the candidate and the candidates must check the details whether there is any mistake in the admit card and report it to the authorities for rectification.
Name of candidate
Date of birth
Category of applicant
VITEEE 2020 exam date and time
Reporting time and time for last entry
Address of aspirant
Language (medium) of question paper
VITEEE exam centre name and address
Exam centre number
Passport size photograph (uploaded in the application form)
Signature (uploaded during registration)
IP address and date of downloading of admit card
Space to paste passport size photograph (same as used during registration)
Signature of candidate (to be done in the exam hall in front of the invigilator)
Signature of parent
Other general instructions to be followed
Address of the Exam center, etc
Important thing to carry to the exam hall-
There are some of the important things to carry to the exam hall which are very much necessary for the candidates and without which no one can enter to the exam hall-
TEEE admit card 2020
Valid photo ID like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID Card
Students must not carry any electronic gadget, mobile
phone etc to the exam centre.
VITEEE 2020 Syllabus:
The candidates are advised to go through the syllabus of VITEEE 2020 before starting their preparation for the entrance exam. The exam will be conducted in MCQ format with 125 questions and will be covering 4 subjects in total. These subjects are Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology/Mathematics. The syllabus will be covering the chapters of these subjects from the 10+2 level classes.
VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Number of Questions||125 questions|
|Type of Questions||Objective type (MCQs)|
|Duration||2 & 1/2 hrs|
|Negative Marking||No provision for negative marking.|
VITEEE 2020 Exam Sample Papers:
VITEEE 2020 Cut off:
The cut off is the minimum mark required for the students to be eligible for the counselling process. The cut off is decided by the conducting authorities soon after the release of the scorecard. However, the cut off for VITEEE 2020 will be decided based on a few factors. These are:
- No Of Candidates
- No Of Available Seats
- Average Performance of Candidates
Factors affecting Cutt offs-
There are some factors that is responsible for the decided cut off of every year and those are-
Level of difficulty of VITEEE 2020.
Previous year’s cutoff trends.
Number of candidates appeared for VITEEE 2020.
Total number of seats available for admissions.
VITEEE 2019 expected cut off-
|Score obtained by the candidates||Expected rank|
|Less than 31||20, 000|
|31 to 43||15,001 to 20000|
|43 to 60||8,501 to 11000|
|60 to 72||6,501 to 8500|
|72 to 81||5,001 t o 6500|
|81 to 90||5,000 to 2,501|
|90 to 113||2,500 to 501|
|113 to 117||500 to 250|
1 to 250
Process to check VITEEE cut off-
Here are the steps to follow to check the cut off of VITEEE 2020-
Visit the official website of VITEEE i.e. vit.ac.in
Open the exam by clicking on the respective link
Then click the relevant link to see the cut off.
Enter your roll number and DOB to check their VITEEE Cut off.
Click on the "submit" button to see the scorecard online on the display screen.
Then the scorecard will open on the display screen.
Information about the engineering branch and its closing rank (2015) in the VIT, Vellor campus-
VITEEE 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to go through the following steps to full fill the application form of VITEEE 2020 such as-
2. filling application form
3. Application fee payment
4. Uploading necessary documents
5. Submit the application form
- Candidates 1st have to register themselves to fill the application form of VITEEE 2020 online mode. For registration, candidates need to mention some of the details such as name of the candidate, date of birth, Gender, nationality, Mobile number, email ID, etc.
- After completing the details, candidates will receive a confirmation message in their mobile number and email ID.
Filling Application Form:
- Using the received email ID and password, candidates have to login to the candidate portal to fill the application that requires the personal details, educational details & communication details.
- Personal details consists of Name, Date of birth, Gender, Blood group, Community, Religion, Mother tongue, Native state, Address for correspondence, & Hostel Accommodation (If desirous), etc.
- Educational details consists of Medium of instruction, Mode of study, Name of the board, Roll No./Registration No./Seat No. (If Passed), Name of the school, Address of the school including Area Name, Town/ City, State, District, Pin Code, etc
- Communication details consists of registered email id, contact number, emergency number, permanent and present address of the candidates.
Application fee payment:
Candidates have to pay Rs. 1150 as application fee through online by Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
Candidates are advised to keep a copy of payment receipt along with them till the complete admission process is complete.
Uploading necessary documents:
Candidates need to upload their recent scanned image in JPEG/JPG format having size 10 KB - 200 KB and dimension 3.5 x 4.5 CM.
And they also need to upload their scanned signature in JPEG/JPG format having size 10 KB - 200 KB and dimension 3.5 x 1.5 CM.
Submit the application form:
After uploading the scanned documents, students are advised to check the details again before submitting. Then submit the application form and take a print out of the filled application form for future use.
Procedure to apply offline:
If the Candidates want to apply for VITEEE 2020 offline then they have to collect the application form from the university by payment of Rs.1250 as DD in favour of Vellore Institute of Technology, payable at Vellore.
Students can also collect it from post offices by paying Rs 1200 in cash.
After filling all the required details mentioned in the application form, the candidates need to sent it to University along with all the required documents.
The address to purchase the application form is-
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore Campus
Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai Campus
VIT Amaravati (AP)
How to check the VITEEE 2020 application status:
Candidates can check their application status just by following these steps below-
Open the official website of VIT University
Login to candidate portal using the registered email ID and Password
Click on ‘submit’ tab
The status of application form will be displayed
Arrange the following to submit the online form:
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph (10–200kb)(Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate (10– 200kb) (Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG or JPEG format.
- Selfie photos will not be accepted.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card or proof of enrolment ID for Aadhar Card is to be submitted at the time of counselling.
VITEEE 2020 Application Fees:
- Online Application Form Cost: Rs. 1150.
- Payment banking: Net banking or Debit card or Credit card.
- All the correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be done through SMS or email only. So, the applicant has to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact. VIT won't be responsible for non-receipt of SMS or email for incorrect mobile number or email id.
- All the necessary information has to be updated on the website www.vit.ac.in in a regular intervention.
- Cost of Offline Application Forms is Rs.1200.
- Offline (OMR) application forms will get from selected post offices and VIT Campuses. List of post offices will be named in due course.
VITEEE 2020 Counselling:
The counselling session for VITEEE 2020 will be conducted in two phases. The first phase is expected to be conducted in the month of May. Whereas the dates for the 2nd phase will be declared afterwards. Qualified candidates will be intimated for the counselling session. They have to visit the counselling centre with their original documents for the document verification. The process will continue as per the merit list prepared by the authorities as per the result.
VITEEE 2020 Result:
The result will be available on the official website of VIT University as on dated 30th April 2020. As per the result, a merit list will be prepared for the counselling session. The rank details will also be intimated to the students on the registered mobile no via SMS.
How to check VITEEE 2020 result:
Visit the official website of VITEEE i.e viteee.vit.ac.in
Click on “VIT result” link.
Enter Application number and date of birth in the candidate login.
Click on “Submit” button.
VITEEE result 2020 will be displayed on the screen.
Check the result and download it.
Details mentioned in VITEEE 2020 Result:
The result card consists of the following details-
Name of the candidate
The exam conducting body also prepared a rank list or merit list of the students based on their marks obtained in VITEEE 2020.
After the declaration of the result. the ranks will be allotted to the candidates via sms.
There is no provision of re-ranking and no such request by the candidates will be accepted by the authorities.
VITEEE 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key is the right answers of an entrance exam. It helps the students to evaluate their result & performance before the declaration of the result. However, VIT university never releases the answer key for VITEEE 2020. In case of any changes in declaration, the details will be updated here.
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates should have date of birth on or after 1st July 1997.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2020 have to score an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology in the qualifying examination in the +2 or equivalent examination.
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM or PCB) in +2 or equivalent examination should be 50% for the SC or ST and North-East candidates.
- Candidates who have studied Regular, Full Time or Formal Education can only be eligible.
- Only Regular 'NIOS' board candidates are eligible for VITEEE, not Open School candidates.
- Candidates appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year can’t be eligible for VITEEE-2020
VITEEE 2020 FAQs:
Q: Who conducts the VITEEE 2020 entrance exam?
A: The VITEEE 2019 entrance exam is being conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology.
Q: Where can I get the answer keys for VITEEE 2020?
A: The exam conducting authorities of VITEEE 2019 never releases the answer keys for the entrance test. However, in case of any change, the details will be updated here.
Q: What are the subjects, the questions come from?
A: The questions in the VITEEE exam comes from Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology/Mathematics.
Q: Is there any provision for negative marking?
A: No, there is no provision for negative marking in VITEEE.
Q: What are the options of language in VITEEE?
A: There is only one option and that is English. No other options are available.
Q: What is the charge for offline forms?
A: The cost of offline application forms is Rs.1200.
Q: What is the level of the questions?
A: The level of the questions in VITEEE is medium as the syllabus covers the chapters from the 10+2 level classes.
Q: I am very poor in Mathematics, Is it mandatory or I have other options in VITEEE?
A: No, don't worry, if you don't want to add Mathematics in your exam paper then you can choose Biology over Mathematics. But you have to choose one of these two subjects.
Q: I want to do B. Tech in Biotechnology. But I am confused whether to choose Biology or Mathematics?
A: If you are interested in Biotechnology then you have to pick Mathematics from the options as it is mandatory for the stream.
Q: Are open school candidates eligible to attend VITEEE?
A: No, open school candidates are not allowed. Only regular 'NIOS' board candidates are eligible.
Q: What are the other fields in VITEEE rather than Engineering?
A: The Vellore University currently offers Undergraduate, Post-graduate, Integrated, and research program in various courses like Engineering, Technology, Applied Sciences, and Management.
Q: Does VIT accepts JEE MAIN score?
A: No, VIT does n't take admissions on the basis of JEE MAIN score as it conducts its personal exam called VITEEE.
Q: How do I know the VITEEE score?
A: VIT never discloses its score. So you can't have any idea that how much you should score to qualify the entrance exam.
Q: Where can I get the admit card exactly?
A: If you have successfully completed the slot booking procedure then you can get the auto-generated admit cards directly from the official website of VITEEE i.e vit.ac.in.