This is the branch of science which includes the study of mechanical engineering and electronics engineering, computer engineering, telecommunications, system engineering, and the control engineering. This branch of stream mainly focuses on the mechatronics like modeling and the real-time interface of computer including the sensors, controllers, and actuators. After the completion of the course, the graduates can work over different aspects like sensing and control systems, automation and the robotics, artificial intelligence and the expert systems, the relevant transportation and vehicular systems and the computer integrated systems and manufacturing.
The top colleges for the course study of Mechatronics are :
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
The highlights for the course study of Mechatronics Engineering are :
- Course Level - Graduate
- Duration of the Course - 4 years
- Examination Type - Semester an Annual
The eligibility for the course's study of Mechatronics are :
- Should pass the certificate of 10 and 10+2 from any of the recognized board of the country, with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- The candidates must clear the relevant entrances examinations for the course study of Mechatronics Engineering.
The top recruiters for the course study of Mechatronics are :
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Honeywell Automation India Ltd
- Samsung Inc
- Aliyance Mechatronics
- Luna Bearings
The admission process for the course study of Mechatronics is based over the entrance exams, where the entrance exams are directed at the state, national level, and University level. Admissions are done through the entrance exams, after completing the 12th class. Applicants can apply for JEE Main in order to take admission in the undergraduate engineering program. The applicants aiming for IITs or NITs are needed to succeed for the JEE Advanced. There are also numerous other state and University level entrances which provide admissions to Mechatronics Engineering.
Syllabus and Courses
The syllabus and courses for the course study are based over the topics for the Mechatronics which are as accordingly to the relevant semesters, and the topics here are :
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Mechanics
- Basic Mechatronics Tech.
- Engineering Chemistry
- Environmental Studies
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Strength of the materials
- Basic Electronics
- Mechanical Engineering Sciences
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics and Machines
- Analogue and Digital Circuits
- Signals and Networks
- Electronics Devices and Digital Lab
- Engineering Mathematics 4
- Design of Machine Elements
- Machine Tools and Processes
- Theory of Machines
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Robotics and Vision System
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Design of Mechatronics Systems
- Control Systems
- Modeling and Simulation
- Hydraulics and Pneumatic Systems
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Programmable Logic Control
- Electronics Manufacturing Technology
- Automation Lab
- Engineering Economics and Financial Management
- Intelligent Controllers
- Power Electronics
- Technical Seminar
- Industrial Training / Tour
The skills required for the course study for Mechatronics Engineering are as :
- The keen interest in the mechanics and electronics over the work field.
- The creativity and the imagination of the candidate in the work field.
- The problem-solving skills for the relevant challenges for the tasks.
- The ability to work as a part of the team and be aligned to the work.
- The practical and the technical skills for the methodical approach to the respective work profiles.
The topmost entrances for the course study of Mechatronics Engineering are :
- JEE Mains
- JEE Advance
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
Career and Job Prospects
The career and job prospects for the course study of Mechatronics Engineering provides a wide variety of career openings in the Mechatronics Engineering, that includes the ideas of electronic and mechanical engineering. The job offers vary from the sectors like the government, IT Sectors or the other reputed private firms.
Mechatronics Engineers are one of the expert technicians and professional engineers who design and maintain automated equipment. While the technicians generally maintain the machinery, engineers who are more concerned and aligned to the design and development for the components.
The job areas for the course basis of Mechatronics are :
The job positions for the Mechatronics here are :
AnalystSales & Application Engineer
Robotics Test Engineer
Question: What is the difference between mechatronics and robotics?
Answer: Robotics can be considered as the part of the Mechatronics, as it generally involves the mechanical, electronics and the computer engineering fields. The sole difference is the inputs which are provided to the mechatronics systems while considering the robotics systems are referred to the ones which gain the inputs by their own.
Question: What are the key elements of mechatronics?
Answer: The key elements of mechatronics are :
- PLC, Micro Controllers
- Electrical Motors
- Mechanical Couplings, Assembly and Gears
- Control Panel