- Posted by Admin
If you had already pre-planned for going for UCEED then it's better to join some coaching institute that provides some good quality education and good faculty.
But majorly students should have good knowledge of exam syllabus and exam pattern.
So keeping in a note the pattern of the exam:
- Mode of Examination: Computer-based Test
- Duration of Exam:3 hour
- Mode of Paper: English
- Total Marks: 300
- Number of Sections: 3 section ( A,B,C)
Numerical Answer Type
Multiple select questions
Multiple choice question
- No negative marking is done in section A and B.
- -1 (minus one) will be awarded for the wrong answer in Section C.
UCEED test is structured to test your fundamentals in the following areas, so you need to focus on the following points:
- Visualisation and spatial ability
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
1. Get the proper idea about the basic structure of the exam and the syllabus. Practice the previous year question papers to get a good understanding of the type of questions asked in the UCEED exam.
2. Understand the concepts and theories of drawing like perspective, human figure and proportion, shade, shadows and textures. Questions will be based on the fundamentals of drawing, even though the UCEED exam does not have a drawing section.
3. Keep in mind the elements and basic principles of design, like colour theory, typography, animation techniques. For eg: walk cycles etc.
4. Improve your vocabulary, general knowledge and current affairs by reading newspapers, books on general knowledge like Manorama, researching the internet or watching YouTube videos related to these topics.
5. Brush up on basic topics of science and math. For eg: pulleys and gears, mensuration, geometry theory and statistics. Questions are also asked on computer science basics such as - How many kilobytes are there in 1 gigabyte?, What is the full form of CD ROM ?, What is Hex Codes?
6. Put a special focus on important topics listed below:
- Famous designers and iconic products
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Art history and movements (including literature and sculpture)
- Architectural history, monuments, elements, terminology
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
- English vocabulary and comprehension skills
- Logical reasoning
- Basic maths like mensuration, geometry theory, statistics etc.
- Basic science fundamentals, mechanisms like gears and pulleys
- Colour theory
- Popular logos - automobiles, companies or organizations
- Animation techniques like walk cycle, etc.
- Photography terms and techniques
- Mirroring, tessellations, sciography, lights and shadows
- Globally recognised Indians in the corporate or technology sector, sports or Olympics, Performing and fine arts, and also any famous international personalities.
Keep in mind, UCEED is an open-ended exam, therefore topics need not be limited to the above.
7. Keep a balance between studying smart and trying to cover everything on a topic. For eg: if you are studying logos for cars, first give priority to the top 20 fastest, most expensive, highest selling brands by volume, etc., before you attempt to study every car logo ever manufactured.
8. Plan yourself with the time available such that you are able to cover as many topics as possible rather than focusing on mastery over fewer topics.
9. Since the range of knowledge and aptitude tested for UCEED is vast, start your preparation well in advance.
10. Be aware that this exam will test you for thorough knowledge gained over a period of time. General knowledge is not a topic that can be studied at the last minute. You are required to make research and reading a part of your everyday mental marathon.
1. Don’t spare much time on drawing for UCEED because as it made clear earlier that, this is a computer-based test which does not involve drawing.
2. Do not limit yourself to the topics mentioned above, cover as many topics as you can.
3. Do not underestimate the amount of practice and time required for this exam. The only way to crack UCEED is by starting as early as you can.
At the end of this article, we would like to suggest you that have a great amount of patience and practice to succeed in such a big national level entrance and so you need to be very confident with your amount of preparation.