- Posted by Admin
These days life has become very hectic and stressful. People don’t get quality time to spend at home with their families. Hence, they spend a lot on interior designing so that they won’t have to compromise with peace and comfort while they stay at home. That’s why a profession called Interior Designing is gaining huge popularity across the globe. This is the profession in which you can express your creativity through your work and of courses can earn handsome remuneration. If you want to pursue Interior Designing course but still don’t have the idea regarding the types of courses available in India then this article may help you.
The course formats available in interior designing in India are as follows-
- Bachelor’s Degree courses
- Diploma courses
- Certificate courses
- Post-graduation courses
Now, let’s discuss the courses available in interior designing India, their duration and eligibility to apply.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE COURSES
The bachelor’s degree programs are 3 years long whereas B.Arch. Interior Design course is of 5 years duration. To pursue a bachelor’s degree, the student must have passed 10+2 in any stream- Science, Commerce or Arts from a recognized board with a minimum mark of 45-50%.
Some of the well-known Bachelor’s Degree courses related to interior design education are-
- BA Interior Design (Duration is 3 years)
- BA Interior Architecture and Design (Duration is 3 years)
- B.Sc. Interior Design (Duration is 3 years)
- Bachelor of Architecture Interior Design (Duration is 5 years)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (Duration is 5 years (CEPT course)
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) Interior Design (Duration is 4 years)
The course duration of diploma programs could be between 1-2 years depending upon the institute and the nature of the program. To pursue a Diploma in Interior Design the student must have passed 10+2 in any stream of Science, Commerce or Arts from a recognized board with a minimum mark of 45-50%.
Some of the well-known Diploma courses related to interior design education are-
- Diploma in Interior Design
- Diploma in Interior Architecture and Design
- Professional Interior Designing
- Advance Program in Interior Designing
- B.Sc. in Interior Design + Diploma in Interior Design
- Higher Diploma in Interior Design (HDID)
- MBA in Interior Design and Business Management
In case of certificate Course, the duration of the course could be in between 6 months to 1 year. To pursue a Diploma in Interior Design the student must have passed 10+2 in any stream of Science, Commerce or Arts from a recognized board with a minimum mark of 45-50%. In some institutes, students can pursue certificate courses after completing standard 10th.
Certificate courses are not as valuable as Degree and Diploma counterparts. But course duration is quite short when it comes to certificate programs. Some of the popular certificate interior design courses available in India are-
- Certificate in Interior Design
- Certificate in Interior Design and Decoration
POST GRADUATION COURSES IN INTERIOR DESIGNING
PG programs are of 2 to 2½ years duration. The candidates may go for MA, M.Sc., M.Arch., PG Diploma, and PG Certificate courses after completing graduation or diploma courses. PG courses are used to specialize in sub-disciplines of the interior design field. Such specializations are as follows-
- Landscape design
- Building design
- Product design
- Building energy efficiency
- Sustainable design and technology
Interior designing is not only confined within the four walls of residential buildings rather the designers work in various fields. Apart from decorating residential houses, the interior designers are in great demand for decorating offices, factories, educational institutions, healthcare centres , hotels and chill out areas, Interior decorating, theatre and set designing, workplace designing, commercial and corporate designing, Educational institution designing and many more.