- Posted by Abhipsa Sahu
Data-analysis is now one of the most demandable works right now as we are in a technology-driven era and handle the management of the growing needs of the millions and trillions of companies and consumers emerging every day. In such a demand scenario, the demand for a data analyst has become very high and also it has become very unsafe to manage such high demands with low manpower. Hence, data analysis as a career is the biggest demand in the market right now and the demand is for long term goal with the increasingly technological world.
Parent work as "A Data Analyst": A data analyst majorly works upon collecting data and analysing them, also he is responsible for performing statistical analysis of the data. The job of a data analyst is not necessarily the same as that of a data scientist, a data analyst can or cannot create algorithms. Although both share the same goal of discovering insights from the data and deliberately use them to create solutions. Conventionally, data scientist works with the IT teams or the management, to define the goals of the organisation he has been working for, data mining, identifying new trends and opportunities, designing and creating databases.
There are various professional options which can be easily handled by a data analyst. If you are a fresher in this field, or are in the process of exploring the field of data analytics, and not much sure about the future options in this field then the major task is to collect, process and perform statistical analyses of data. Maybe the skills of a data analyst may not be as advanced as data scientists like they may not be able to create new algorithms but the goals are the same – to discover how data can be used to answer questions and solve problems.
Future prospects of data analysts may include:
- Working with IT teams, management and/or data scientists to determine organizational goals
- Extracting data from primary and secondary sources
- Clean and trim data to discard irrelevant information
- Analyzing and interpreting results using standard statistical tools and techniques
- Pinpointing the trends, looking after correlations and patterns in complicated data sets
- Identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Providing concise data reports and clear data visualizations for management
- Designing, creating and maintaining relational databases and data systems
- Emphasize code problems and data-related issues
- Database design
- Data mining
- Data cleaning and munging
- Data visualization and reporting techniques
So we can see that the urge for Analytical skill is going up regularly as there is a huge demand. This demand is happening globally and is not restricted to any particular part of geography. In spite of Big Data Analytics is a ‘Hot’ job, there is still a large number of unfilled jobs across the globe due to the shortage of required skill. Hence if you develop your interest in this field we assure you that there will be a huge success in your career. Strong demand for Data Analytics skills is boosting the salary for qualified professionals and making Big Data pay big bucks for the right skill
Hence, there is an engrossing need for skilled people with the ability to understand data, think from the business point of view and come up with good understanding. For this very reason technology professionals with data Analytical skill are finding themselves in high demand as the business demand is high.