- Posted in Article
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is the national level entrance examination and will be conducted by NTA. CMAT is a three hour computer based (online) test which is conducted in a single sitting to evaluate the candidate’s ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. This test selects the suitable graduate candidates for admission to all Management programs.
CMAT Cut Off 2019
There’s no common admission process for CMAT. So, the National Testing Agency, its conducting body will not release minimum cut off or qualifying marks for the admissions to MBA or PGDM institutes. The participating institutes will declare their own selection process and cut off marks for admission through CMAT. These cut off marks will be released after the declaration of CMAT result.
The candidates who fulfill the minimum cutoff percentile released by the particular participating institute will be selected and called for the further round of selection process. In the next round of selection process, the candidates have to appear for Group Discussion (GD) followed by the Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
In the GD and PI rounds, the candidates have to face a panel of examiners and will be judged according to their performance. During GD and PI rounds, the candidates will be judged with factors such as the knowledge, confidence-level, gesture, leadership skill, and communication skill for the final selection. After the completion of these rounds, the candidates will have to wait for the final merit list.
Factors Influencing the Cut off Marks
The candidates should know that these cut off percentiles don’t remain same in every year. There are factors which influence or in a sense determine the cut off. Those factors include:
- Total number of candidates appeared in in CMAT 2019
- Total number of seats available in the institutes.
- Average pass percentage of candidates in CMAT 2019
- Difficulty level of CMAT 2019
- Overall merit of the CMAT 2019 qualifying candidate
Tips for Preparation of CMAT 2019
Quantitative Aptitude: Most of the questions in this topic are related to Arithmetic operations and Mathematics. A candidate should be competent enough to solve problems on Time & Distance, Geometry, Numbers, Profit & Loss, Simple equations and Time & Work. To solve Data Interpretation, one must work hard to improve his calculation speed and efficiency.
- Before appearing to CMAT, one should get familiar with the varieties of quantitative aptitude questions. Go through the sample papers and previous year questions.
- From the last few years of CMAT trend, Modern Math and Arithmetic Operations form the large part of this section. So students need to solve huge number of questions from those topics.
- Data Interpretation needs proficiency in Ratios, Percentages, Square and cube roots, etc. The faster you solve the questions, it’s better for you.
- In Data Interpretation section, most of the questions are related to single and multiple bar graphs, occasionally Pie chart questions. But MBA exams most often bring surprises. The aspirants need to be well-versed with all type of question patterns so that there will be no room for surprise.
Logical Reasoning (LR): This section contains topics related to linear, seating, sequencing and arranging with conditions to coding. But majority of questions are of Puzzles, Statements and conclusions, Cause and effect, Assumptions and conclusions and Missing term in the figure.
- Regular practice is the main technique for this.
- You can also practice previous year question and sample papers
Verbal ability and Language Comprehension :This is the section of questions of parajumbles, meaning they are comprised of 4-5 sentences, fill in the blanks, finding the word meaning by selecting correct synonym and antonym, idioms, sentence correction, identification of correct sentence etc. The reading of comprehension passage is not time-taking but it is very important.
- Make the habit of reading English novels. That’s an intelligent way of preparing for verbal.
- One must have good control over word meaning as questions related to Antonyms and Synonyms are asked in CMAT, For that, one need to read newspapers and novels daily.
- Regular practice of questions of previous years and sample papers are must.
General Awareness: General Awareness plays a key role in unlocking the doors of CMAT. Following tips are for GK section:
- Make the daily habit of reading newspapers, covering national and international events and happenings and read its editorial section which can help you in Verbal Ability section
- Know the important terms and its meaning used in economics and banking. For that, you have to follow a weekly or fortnightly business magazine to stay updated about the latest happenings in this field.