School Of Fashion Technology Common Entrance Exam (SOFT CET) is conducted by the School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) every year to offer admissions in PG and UG level course.
SOFT CET 2020 schedule:
|Registration start date||15th Nov 2019|
|Registration end date||15th April 2020|
|Admit card release||May 2020|
|Date of examination||8-11 May 2019|
|Declaration of result||23 May 2020|
|Last date of Admission process ||Last week of June 2020|
SOFT CET 2020 Admit card:
The admit card for SOFT CET 2020 will be available for the candidates in the month of May 2020. The candidates will be able to access the admit card by visiting the official website. The admit card is a mandatory object for the exam. No candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam without the admit card. The candidates are advised to take more than one print out of the admit card for the entrance exam. The admit card should be produced at the exam hall upon demand.
How To Download SOFT CET 2020 Admit card Online?
- Go to the official website of SOFT CET 2020
- Find & click on the link showing "Download SOFT CET 2020 Admit Card"
- Log in to the website with your respective credentials (ID & Password)
- Review the admit card shown on the screen & contact the authorities in case of any wrong information
- Download and take extra print outs of the admit card for future use
SOFT CET 2020 Syllabus:
- Quantitative Aptitude- Percentages and its applications, Ratio and Its applications, Algebra, Numbers and its applications, Geometry and its applications.
- Verbal/Non-verbal reasoning- Mathematical Operations, Verification of True Statement, Assertion & Reason, Sequence Puzzles, Direction Sense Test, Series Completion, Arithmetic Reasoning, Cause & Effect Reasoning, Inserting the Missing Character, Statement Assumptions, Theme Detection, Logical Sequence of Words, Logical Venn Diagram, Construction of Squares & Triangles, Rule Detection, Mirror Images & Water Images, Figure Formation & Analysis, Completing Incomplete Pattern, Paper Folding, Cubes & Dice.
- Analytical Ability- Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Puzzles, Arrangements, Data Structures, Series, Coding-Decoding, Clocks, and Calendars.
SOFT CET 2020 Exam Pattern:
The exam is conducted as
- Online mode
- Studio Test/Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Applicants will have one and a half hour to solve the answer. The question paper will be out of 60 marks and there is no provision for negative marking. For every correct answer, applicants will get one mark.
SOFT CET 2020 Cut-Off:
The cut off is the minimum mark required by the candidates to be eligible for the admission. The cut off mark also depends on the level of questions, the number of candidates participated in the exam, availability of seats and the previous year cut off too.
SOFT CET 2020 Application Form:
- Go to the official website of CEED 2020
- Register on the website with your valid Email ID & Mobile number & verify your account
- Log in again with your respective credentials
- Enter all the details required to fill up the application form
- Upload scanned required documents
- The file should be in .jpeg format. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before ‘Final Submit’.
SOFT CET 2020 Application fee:
- Fee for BDesign- Rs 4,000
- Fee for Industry Integrated Program with International Exposure- Rs 5,000
SOFT CET 2020 Counselling:
After the release of the result, qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling session with required documents. The allotment of the seats will be done according to the merits and no of applicants in the entrance test. The document verification, confirmation of application will be held after date is announced.
SOFT CET 2020 Result:
The result for SOFT CET 2020 will be released in 23rd May 2020 (Tentatively). The authorities will make the result available for the candidates on the official website only. The candidates have to log in to the official website to get their result. The result will be declared after the release of the final answer key.
SOFT CET 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key for SOFT CET 2020 will be released by the authorities prior to the declaration of the result. The answer key will contain the right answers to the question papers of the entrance exam. In case of any doubt, the candidates can apply for a clarification to the authorities. After the correction, the final answer key will be released by the authorities on the official website. The answer key will be followed by the declaration of the result.
SOFT CET 2020 Eligibility:
SOFT CET Eligibility Criteria for BDesign Courses (Affiliated to S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai):
- To secure admission in BDes course offered at SOFT, aspirants need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Cleared Class XII from any stream, like – Arts/Commerce/Science/Home Science/ Minimum Competency Vocational Course (MCVC) including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Possess Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)/State Govt. Technical Education full time diploma (minimum 2 years) after Class X.
- NRI and Foreign students can apply if they possess an equivalent certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
SOFT CET Eligibility Criteria for Diploma Programme:
- Aspirants can apply for admission under this course if they have cleared Class XII in any stream including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
SOFT CET Eligibility Criteria for PG Programmes:
- The eligibility criteria for PG Diploma courses offered at SOFT Pune state that a candidate who is a graduate from any stream (10+2+3 or equivalent) is eligible to apply for admission.
Q: What are the stages of the exam SOFT CET 2020?
A: There are 3 stages of the exam SOFT CET 2020 such as Online Test, Studio Test/ Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Q: What are the courses offered in SOFT CET?
A: The courses offered in SOFT CET are B.Des, Diploma Course in Fashion Design, PG Course in FBDT and FBM.
Q: Who is the conducted body of SOFT DET?
A: School of Fashion Technology is the conducting body here?
Q: When the registration process of SOFT CET 2020 is expected to be started?
A: The registration process of SOFT CET 2020 is expected to be started from 15th Nov 2019.
Q: What is the marking scheme for SOFT CET 2020?
A: For every correct answer 1 mark will be added while there is no negative marking for SOFT CET 2020.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
Q: What can be the mark distribution among the sections?
A: The maximum mark is around 250 and the distribution is like Online Test- 60 marks, Studio Test/ Group Discussion- 140 marks and Personal Interview- 50 marks.
Q: What are the recommended books for SOFT CET 2020?
A: The recommended books for SOFT CET 2020 are-
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K Gupta
- General Mathematic by Manohar Pandey
- Objective General English by R.S Aggarwal
- Objective Mathematics by R.D Sharma
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey.
Q: What is the application fee for SOFT CET 2020?
A: The application fee is INR 3000 (For B.Design) and INR 4000 (For Industry Integrated Program with International Exposure).
Q: Where is the exam SOFT CET 2020 going to be conducted?
A: The exam SOFT CET is conducted only in 1 center that is in the campus of pune.