About NIFT 2019:
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a premier institution in fashion education. The institution offers bachelor’s and master’s courses in design and fashion technology. Admission in the 16 campuses of NIFT is done through NIFT entrance examination. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts NIFT entrance exam in order to shortlist aspirants for admission in design programmes in the 16 campuses of NIFT. Courses offered on the campuses of NIFT at UG and PG level are as follows-
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
- Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)
NIFT 2019 Schedule:
|NIFT 2018 Online Application begins||October 20, 2018|
|Last Date to submit Application Form||December 28, 2018|
|Correction Of Application Form||December 29, 2018|
|Last Date of Online Registration with late fee||January 03, 2019|
|NIFT 2018 Admit card available from||January 10, 2019|
|NIFT 2019 Scheduled Exam Date||January 20, 2019|
|Written Entrance Examination Result||March 2019|
|Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Interview||April/May 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||May/June 2019|
|Counselling Session Starts||June 2019 onwards|
NIFT 2019 Admit Card:
The admit card for NIFT 2019 will be available for the candidates on the official website of NIFT. Those candidates who have successfully completed their registration can get the admit cards by logging in to the official website of NIFT. The admit card is a mandatory document for the entrance exam. No students will be allowed to appear in the exam without the admit card.
How To Download NIFT 2019 Admit Card Online?
- Go to the official website of NIFT
- From the tabs, find & click on ‘NIFT 2019 Admit Card’ Tab
- Log in to the site using required information
- Review and download the admit card shown on the screen
NIFT 2019 Syllabus:
The Scope of the different sections of the General Ability Test (GAT) are listed below; the level of difficulty of questions posed may vary from course to course.
- Quantitative Ability consists of questions on basic mathematical functions like Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension test the language skills of candidates in terms of daily use of English as a medium of communication. It evaluates the candidates’ knowledge of synonyms, antonyms, and words and their meanings, singular/plural words, one-word substitutes, idioms and common phrases, correct spellings, reading comprehension etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability puts to test the candidates’ competence in applying logic and inferring facts from given information, as well as ability in problem identification and applying reason to arrive at a solution for the problem. Creative and lateral thinking will come in handy for candidates in this section.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs section would review the candidates’ awareness in terms of general and current affairs.
- The Case Study section would provide a real-life industry situation to candidates aiming to gauge the candidates’ management skills.
- Some questions from the engineering as well would be posed for M. F. Tech program.
NIFT 2019 Exam Pattern:
NIFT 2019 entrance exam attempts to test the knowledge, aptitude, and skills of the candidates for the chosen program. As such, the entrance test is split into three stages, viz. Written test, Situation test, and Group Discussion/Personal Interview. The written test is further split into Creative Ability Test (CAT), and General Ability Test (GAT):
- Written Test
- Creative ability test (CAT): CAT (Creative Ability Test) aims to evaluate the candidates’ observing power in the development of a concept, as well as their intuitive, and design ability. Candidates’ illustrative skills and creativity in the use of colour are important aspects of CAT.
- General ability test (GAT): GAT (General Ability Test) gauges the candidates’ general aptitude and quantitative, communicative and analytic skills apart from knowledge in general & current happenings.
- Situation test: This exam is designed to evaluate and test a candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability as per the given situation with the material provided.
- Group Discussion/ Personal Interview
NIFT 2019 Cut Off:
The cut off is the minimum mark required to be eligible for the counselling session and admission procedure. The NIFT 2019 Cut Off will be declared soon after the release of the result. The cut off list will differ as per the participating college participated in the exam. The cut off is expected to be released in the month of March. The students can check the cut off on the official website. The cut off will help the authorities to shortlist the candidates for the counselling session.
NIFT 2019 Application Form:
- Applicants are required to log in using the registered email ID and DOB for filling NIFT 2019 application form.
- You need to enter the verification code and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The personal details provided while registering for NIFT 2019 are already filled.
- Details including test centre preference, parents’ information, gender, academic particulars and contact information should be filled.
- Candidates should carefully read the declaration, and click on the checkbox of ‘I agree’.
- They should click on the ‘Save’ button after cross verifying the information.
NIFT 2019 Counselling:
NIFT 2019 Counselling is expected to commence from June 2019. Candidates are required to register through the official website in order to participate in the counselling process. The candidates need to enter their choice of campus for the counselling session. A System generated letter will be issued to shortlisted candidates with all details regarding counselling schedule and documents required for verification.
Though the institute does not charge any fee for the primary round of counselling, however each subsequent round of counselling would be charged at the rate of INR 5000. Further details of counselling like the mode, dates, and procedure will be available on the website in due course.
Documents required in originals along with photocopies for NIFT 2019 Counselling process:
- All Academic Certificates up to qualifying examination. In case of final exam appearing candidate whose result is due, all original mark sheet of the previous semester/years needs to be presented along with the date sheet/admit card for examination.
- Demand Draft of requisite fee in favour of ‘NIFT HO’. Payable at New Delhi has to be submitted. The candidate’s name, counselling date, contact number, program name, NIFT Rank and Roll Number should be clearly mentioned at the back of DD.
- Proof of DOB
- Documents in prescribed format, in support of the claim of reservation.
- Parents Income Certificate as the basis for Tuition Fee funding.
- Medical certificate in prescribed format issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- for seeking only provisional admission in case the qualifying examination result is due.
- Anti-Ragging Declaration and Declaration regarding Fee Refund.
NIFT 2019 Result:
NIFT Result is expected to be announced by March 2019. Candidates can access their results from their individual login on the official website. The steps involved in the process are:
Step II: Click on the tab ‘Result 2019’.
Step III: Enter details as demanded on-screen.
Step IV: the result would be displayed on the screen.
Step V: Download the result and obtain a printout.
NIFT 2019 Answer Key:
The Answer Key is the collection of the right answers to the questions of the exam. The answer key helps the students to evaluate their performance and score in the exam. However, there has been no declaration regarding NIFT 2019 Answer Key. Once released, the details will be updated here.
NIFT 2019 Eligibility:
For B.Des / B.F.Tech:
- The candidate must have qualified 10+2, GCE examination. 3 or 4 years of diploma holder candidates are also eligible to apply.
- The maximum age limit is 23 years. Five years relaxation in upper age limit will be provided to SC/ST and PwD candidates.
For PG Course:
- There is no age limit for PG courses.
- The candidate needs a UG degree in any discipline or UG diploma of minimum 3-year duration from NIFT/NID to get admission.
- The candidate should have qualified B.F.Tech from NIFT or BE/B. Tech from any recognized institution to study M.F. Tech.
NIFT 2019 FAQs:
Q: Can I select more than one programme?
A: No, more than one programme cannot be selected.
Q: Does NIFT provide any relaxation in the application fee for OBC category?
A: No, there is no fee relaxation for OBC and general category candidates.
Q: Can the exam centre be changed after submission of the NIFT application form?
A: A candidate cannot change the test centre after submitting the form.
Q: Is it mandatory to send the printout of the application form?
A: You have to send the printout of the filled NIFT 2018 application form along with demand draft only if you have paid the fee via DD.