- Total Colleges 863
- IIM Kozhikode to conduct CAT 2019 Examination this year. Read More
- CAT 2019 Registration starts from 7th Aug 2019. Know Details Here.
- JNU accepts CAT scores: MBA admissions 2019, Read Details.
- CAT Exam Details: Eligibility, Cut-off, Top colleges and more. Click here to read.
- CAT-2019 Mock test will be available in the official site by October 16, 2019.
- The CAT Score is valid for 1 year.
- CAT will be conducted in centres spread across around 156 test cities.
- Know how to crack GD/PI and WAT for CAT-2018? Read here
- 7 Smart Approaches to Crack CAT in Three Months!! Read in details.
NOTE: Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a mobile phone number throughout the selection process.
CAT is a computer-based (Online) test. The test scores of a candidate will be calculated on the basis of Quantitative Ability (QA), Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI), Verbal Ability (VA) and Logical Reasoning (LR). The test is conducted every year by one of the IIMs based on the rotation policy.
|CAT Official Website||www.iimcat.ac.in|
|CAT 2019 Conducting Body||IIM Kozhikode|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based|
|Exam Date||24th November, 2019|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam Eligibility||Graduation with 50% (Aggregate)|
|Exam Shifts||Morning and Evening|
|Application Fee||Rs.1900/-(For all) and Rs.950/- (For SC, ST and Pwd)|
CAT 2019 Schedule:
The detailed schedule for the exam is below:
|CAT 2019 Application Form Release||August 7, 2019 (10:00 a.m)|
|CAT 2019 Application Form Last Date||September 18, 2019 (5:00 p.m)|
|CAT 2019 Form Correction Window Duration||September 27- September 30, 2019|
| CAT Admit Card 2019 Download||October 23 - November 24, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Exam Date||November 24, 2019|
|CAT Result Date 2019||2nd Week of January 2020 (Tentative)|
CAT 2019 Admit card:
- Candidates can download the admit card for CAT 2019 from 23rd Oct 2019. The candidates can check the admit card on the official website of CAT. However, the admit card will not be sent by any other means to the candidates.
- The admit card will consist of the name, roll number, date of birth of the individual with time slot and exam center with address.
- Without the admit card, no individual will be permitted to enter the exam hall.
How To Download CAT 2019 Admit Card Online?
- Go to the official website of CAT 2019
- Log in to the website using the login credentials (User ID & Password)
- Find and click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ link
- Check the details on the admit card. Download and take a print out for the exam
CAT 2019 Syllabus:
Mathematics or Quantitative Section:
|HCF & LCM||Profit & Loss||Geometric Progression|
|Trigonometry||Ratios & Proportion||Work and time|
|Algebra||In-equations Quadratic & linear equations||Percentages|
|Partnership (Accounts)||Surds & Indices||Logarithms|
English or Verbal Section:
|Fill in the blanks||Para Completion & Inference||Verbal Logic|
|Reasoning Verbal ||Contextual usage||Different usage of the same word|
|Sentence completion||Foreign language words in English||Idioms|
|Jumbled paragraphs||Sentence correction|
Analytical Reasoning Section:
|Blood Relations||Puzzles||Seating Arrangement|
|Series||Clocks & Calendars||Venn Diagram|
|Direction Sense||Data Arrangement||Data Structures|
|Coding & Decoding||Family Tree||Syllogism|
Data Interpretation Section:
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
|Exam Mode ||Online Test|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice and Subjective type|
|No. of Question||100 |
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each correct answer|
|(-) Marking||1 mark deduction for each wrong answer|
|Sections||Subjects||Time Allotted||No. of Questions||Total marks|
|Sec I||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||60 minutes||34||102|
|Sec II||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||60 minutes||32||96|
|Sec III||Quantitative Ability||60 minutes||34||102|
CAT 2019 Cutoff:
The cut off is the minimum mark required to qualify the exam. The cut off is decided by the conducting authorities of CAT 2019. However, the cutoff mark gets affected by some few factors. These are:
- Number of applicants
- Exam difficulty level
- Seats available
- Previous years’ cut off trend
Here is the list of cut offs of management colleges-
|Name of Institution/Management colleges||CAT cut off|
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS Delhi)
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, SOM, IIT Bombay
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
Here we have given the information about the total seat number available in different IIMs-
|IIMs||Total Number of Seats|
|IIM Calcutta ||460|
CAT 2019 Application form:
- 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST candidates respectively. 27% of seats are reserved for OBC (Other Backward Classes) candidates of “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
- 5% seats are reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PwD).
- A copy of the SC or ST or NC-OBC or PwD certificate(s) will be uploaded at the time of CAT Application registration.
Note: Updated state-wise central list of OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information with respect to the creamy layer will be available on http://www.ncbc.nic.in
How to Register for CAT 2019?
Step 1 (Registration)
- Go to www.iimcat.ac.in and click on the ‘Register’ button under New Candidate Registration header to create your own user profile. The Registration form window will open in your browser.
- Create your own User Profile by completing the registration process and generate the OTP by clicking on to OTP button. It will redirect to CAPTCHA to fill and submit the OTP number received on your mobile for verification.
- As soon as the submission of your Registration Form, you will receive your User ID on the registered email address from the Administrator with the subject line CAT 2019 Login Details.
Step 2 (Filing the Application Form and Payment)
- Login to CAT Website.
- Fill Application Form which includes Personal, Communication Address, Academic and Emergency Contact Details, Upload Documents
- Select the Programme and the Interview City for that Programme as per the cities listed from the respective drop-down list.
- Applicant can select any four Test Cities as per his or her preference from drop-down menu.
- Click on Save and proceed to the Payment section.
- Select the Payment Mode. After selecting, the respective payment gateway will open for you.
- Fees can be paid through Online mode only i.e by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking.
- Payment confirmation will be open. Save the receipt of the transaction as proof.
- After the successful payment, Candidates will receive an email to their registered Mail Id.
- Candidates will take a printout of their application form for further use.
- Candidates Photograph- jpeg
- Candidates signature- jpeg
- The photograph should be clearly visible and the signature is legible enough to be eligible.
CAT 2019 Application Fee:
- Rs. 950 for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Rs. 1900 for all other candidates.
CAT 2019 Exam Centres:
|Exam State||Exam City|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati, Chittoor, Visakhapatnam, Chirala, Kurnool, Nellore, Kakinada, Guntur, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram, Vijaywada|
|Assam||Guwahati, Silchar, Jorhat, Tezpur, Dibrugarh|
|Bihar||Patna, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Purnea, Darbhanga, Aurangabad|
|Chattisgarh||Raipur, Bilaspur, Bhillai|
|Gujarat||Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Vadodara, Surat, Ahmedabad, Mehsana, Anand|
|Haryana||Karnal, Hisar, Panipath, Ambala, Rohtak, Kurushetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Samba, Jammu,|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi, Bokaro, Jamshedpur, Hazaribagh, Dhanbad|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Mysuru (Mysore), Belagavi(Belgaum), Dharwad, Hubli, Gulbarga, Mangalore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Trivandrum, Kollam, Kannur, Ernakulam, Kozhikode, Kottayam, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Ujjain, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna,|
|Maharashtra ||Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Amravati, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Nashik, Satara, Solapur, Ulhasnagar, Raigad, Nanded|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, Cuttack, Berhampur, Balasore, Dhenkanal, Rourkela|
|Punjab||Mohali, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Patiala, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Pathankot, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Alwar, Bikaner, Sikar, Kota|
|Tamil Nadu ||Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore,Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichy|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Warangal, Karim Nagar|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Varanasi, Jhansi, Aligarh, Lucknow, Bareilly, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar and Moradabad|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, |
Asansol, Siliguri, Bankura, Kolkata, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani
CAT 2019 Counselling:
- Click on the CAT 2019 Mock Test link available at iimcat.ac.in.
- Sign in by using the candidate registration number and password.
- Click on F11 to go through the general instructions.
- Then press the " Other important Instruction for the candidates.
- Finally click on the "I am ready to begin" to begin the mock test
CAT 2019 Result:
How To Check CAT 2019 Result Online?
- Visit the official website of CAT 2019
- Find and go to the ‘Download Scorecard’ link
- Login to the site using your ID & Password
- You can find your result card on your account page
- Download and keep a print out for future use
CAT selection process:
CAT selection process go through 3 sections that are written test, GD/WAT and Personal Interview described as follows:
The written test has 3 sections and here is the details of the CAT written test-
|Section||No. of question||Duration||Total marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||34||60 Minutes||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||60 Minutes||96|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||60 Minutes||102|
The candidates who will qualify the 1st round i.e the written test can proceed towards the GD/WAT round. some of the Management institutes conduct both GD and WAT along with PI while some directly conduct the written test.
In GD, the candidates are divided in to groups of 8-10 each to check the thought process & teamwork abilities of the candidate. Only 15-45 minutes are given for the GD/WAT round.
After succeeding in the GD round, the candidate can attend the Personal interview or PI round known as the last round of the process. In this round, the candidate has to face the questions coming from a panel consisting of 2-4 interviewers
The overall selection process depends upon some of the facts such as:
- Overall CAT score
- Academic Qualification
- Work Experience
- Extra curricular activities
- Academic diversity
- Gender diversity
Common Admission Process for CAT 2019:
Common Admission Process (CAP) is introduced to organize common counselling sessions for IIMs. The difference between CAP & other selection process is that CAP doesn't have a GD round.
Basically the 3rd generation IIMs take part in CAP process and they are:
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Trichy
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- IIM Sambalpur
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Jammu
Here is the procedure for Common Admission Process (CAP)-
- All the participating IIMs have to submit their individual short-list to the CAP coordinator for 2019 that is IIM Ranchi.
- Then the host IIM will prepare a final short-list for CAP 2019.
- Conformation of the Candidate is needed for the common counselling.
- Candidates will appear for the CAP process and attempt WAT and PI.
- The host IIM will send the CAP score to respective IIMs
- All IIM then prepare their final admission list.
The centers for CAP 2019 are Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, and Kolkata. For the 1st CAP merit list around 14000 candidates are expected to be selected.
CAT 2019 Answer Key:
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- There is no age restriction to apply for CAT 2019 examination.
- Candidate should have passed the graduation degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent examination [45% in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates] from any recognized university/institution/college.
- Candidates who are appearing for the final year of graduation degree or equivalent examination or are awaiting results or those who have completed degree requirements can also apply.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2019 should fulfil any one of the following conditions:
1. Completed graduation degree with the required percentage of marks.
2. Completed professional degrees like CA or CS or ICWA with the required percentage.
3. Should be in the final year of graduation degree with the required percentage.
Note: SC/ST/PwD candidates need to have a minimum of 45% marks and for that of General and NC-OBC candidates is 50%.
Read more about: Thinking of MBA? Here's the Gateway to dream institutions-CAT or NMAT??
CAT 2019 FAQs:
A: The CAT 2019 entrance test allows candidates to apply for MBA, PGDM, and other postgraduate management courses.
- Mobile phone
- pen, pencil
- Books/chits/Sheets/ clips
- Electronics Gadgets