- Total Colleges 433
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is the entrance examination for students who wish to take admission into the graduate medical course (MBBS), Dental Course (BDS) or Postgraduate course (MD/ MS) in different government and private medical colleges of India. NEET-UG has been replaced by All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT). Earlier different medical colleges and states used to conduct admission on their own.
From 2019 onwards the National Testing Agency (NTA) is the newly conducting body of the NEET exam and it is scheduled to be held twice a year, that is February and May. NEET exam will be held from 3-17th February and 12-26th May 2019.
Admission to undergraduate courses to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, PG Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is not come under the purview of NEET. These organizations conduct their own examinations.
Registration for NEET UG 2019 click on this link: https://www.nta.ac.in/medicalexam
NEET UG 2019 Exam Dates:
Exam date of NEET 2019 is 5th of May 2019. NEET Admit Card will be available from April 15, 2019 onwards.
|Release of Application form||1st Nov 2018|
|Application submission ends||30th Nov 2018|
|Last date of paying the fee||Nov 2018|
|Correction Window Open||Dec 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||15th April 2019|
|Exam date||5th May 2019|
|Relase of Answer key||Within a week after exam|
|Announcement of result||5th June 2019|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET Exam 2019 Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate is the citizen of India.
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) and Foreign Nationals are also eligible to sit in this exam.
- Candidates from J & K state can be eligible for 15% AIQ seats by self-declaration.
Educational Qualifications -
- A candidate needs to have passed 12th from any recognized University or Board with a combination of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Biotechnology.
- A general category candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology to be eligible for the exam and that of a physically handicapped person from general category, the minimum aggregate score is 45%.
- SC or ST or OBC candidates should have a minimum of 40% aggregate marks to be eligible for the exam.
Age Limit -
- Candidates should have at least reached 17 years of age. The maximum age limit is 25 years and in case of SC, ST or OBC candidates there can be the relaxation of 5 years.
Know more about the NEET Cut Off 2019
NEET Exam 2019 Pattern:
Here is the exam pattern of NEET 2019-
|Exam Mode||offline mode (paper-based)|
|Number of Question||180 questions|
|Marking scheme||(+ 4 ) for correct and (-1) for incorrect answer|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology|
|Languages of Question Paper||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
NEET UG 2019 Syllabus:
Class 11th Physical world and measurement, Work, Energy and Power, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Behavior of Perfect Gas, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves.
Class 12th Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices.
Class 11th Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry and s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals),
Class 12th Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Class 11th Diversity in Living World, Cell Structure and Function, Human Physiology and Plant Physiology
Class 12th Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology and Environment.