- Total Colleges 113
XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test, conducted by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur on the behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) is a national-level management entrance examination for admission to MBA or PGDM courses. XAT is the 2nd largest MBA entrance exam after CAT and being regarded as the the toughest MBA entrance exams in India. The exam will be held on January 6, 2019 (Sunday).
- The exam name is Xavier Aptitude Test.
- The conducting body is XLRI Jamshedpur.
- The purpose of test is for admission to XLRI and 150+ B-schools.
- The mode of the exam is Online.
- The duration of exam is 3:00 hours.
- The questions are of both Objective and Subjective questions.
- (+1) mark for each correct answer and (-0.25) marks or (-1/4th) of the total marks for each wrong answer)
XAT 2019 Exam Dates:
|Starting of Online Registration||20th Aug 2018|
|Completion of edited application||3rd week of Aug to 3rd week of Dec|
|Last date for registration||30th November 2018|
|End of registration & received application only for DD payment||3rd week of Dec 2018|
|Admit Card download||20th Dec 2018|
|Exam date||6th Jan 2019|
|Release of Answer Key||3rd week of Jan 2019|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of Jan 2019|
|Release of XAT Score Card||1st week of Feb 2019|
New Changes brought to this exam this year:
- The application fee has been increased from Rs. 1650/- to Rs. 1700
- The total exam duration has been reduced from 3:35 hours to 3 hours.
- Essay writing section is no more.
- Agartala is no longer in the test centre list. The exam will be conducted across India in 46 cities.
XAT 2019 Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have a graduation degree or equivalent qualification from any recognized university.
- No qualifying marks required.
- Students appearing their final year examination can also apply.
- The candidates must be an Indian citizen. NRI and foreign candidates will apply through GMAT score.
XAT 2019 Exam Centres:
Ahmedabad, Dehradun, Kanpur, Rourkela, Allahabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Sambalpur, Amritsar, Goa, Lucknow, Surat, Bengaluru, Greater Noida, Mangalore, Tiruchirapalli, Berhampur , Gurgaon, Mumbai, Trivandrum, Bhopal, Guwahati, Nagpur, Udaipur, Bhubaneshwar, Hyderabad, Nasik, Vadodara, Chandigarh, Indore, Noida, Varanasi, Chennai, Jabalpur, Patna, Vijayawada, Cochin and Jaipur
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Decision Making (DM)||21|
|Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||27|
|General Knowledge (GK)||25|
XAT 2019 Syllabus:
Decision Making: Data Arrangement Test, Conditions and Grouping Test, Complex Arrangement, Decision Making in a situation and Case let.
Quantitative Ability: LCM and HCF, Profit and Loss, Percentages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Time and Distance, Speed, Time and Work, Averages, Ratio and Proportion and others, Number System, Algebra, Geometry including Co-ordinate Geometry, Mensuration, Pure Math, Venn diagrams, Linear Equations, Quadratic Equations, Complex Numbers, Logarithm, Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds and Indices, Inequalities, Permutation and Combination, Probability Functions, Set Theory, Mixtures and Alligations and Trigonometry.
Data Interpretation (DI): Data Tables, Data charts, Bar diagrams, Graphs Data analysis and comparison and Pie charts
General Knowledge: Economics, National and International current affairs, finance, Conventional GK, Constitution of India, Company profiles, logos, Business & Economy, Who’s who, Books & Authors and Capitals & Currencies
Essay Writing Test: The test taker will write a coherent and logical essay on the given topic.
XAT 2019 Registration:
XAT 2019 Registration will be done through online mode by clicking on the official website. The registration will be started from the 3rd week of August 2018 and can be filled & submitted the XAT application form till last week of November 2018. The candidates can apply for more than one programme in a single application.
XAT 2019 Application Fee:
- The fee is paid by using credit card, debit card, online banking & also through demand draft & cash. The DD will be made in favour of XLRI Jamshedpur.
- XLRI Courses (If Interested): Rs. 1700 + Rs. 300 each course (additional fee).
- XAT Registration Fee (with late fee): Rs. 2000 + Rs. 500 each course (additional fee).