- Total Colleges 262
CAT is a computer based (Online) test. The test scores of a candidate will be calculated on the basis of Quantitative Ability (QA), Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI), Verbal Ability (VA) and Logical Reasoning (LR). The test is conducted every year by one of the IIMs based on rotation policy.
|Registration process starts||Aug 8, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Registration ends||Sept 26, 2018|
|Tutorial for CAT 2018||Oct 17, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Admit Card||Oct 24, 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam||Nov 25, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2018:
Candidate should have passed the graduation degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent examination [45% in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates] from any recognized university/institution/college.
Candidates who are appearing for the final year of graduation degree or equivalent examination or are awaiting results or those who have completed degree requirements can also apply.
Candidates applying for CAT 2019 should fulfil any one of the following conditions:
1. Completed graduation degree with the required percentage of marks.
2. Completed professional degrees like CA or CS or ICWA with the required percentage.
3. Should be in the final year of graduation degree with the required percentage.
Note: SC/ST/PwD candidates need to have a minimum of 45% marks and for that of General and NC-OBC candidates is 50%.
CAT 2018 Reservation:
15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST candidates respectively. 27% of seats are reserved for OBC (Other Backward Classes) candidates of “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
5% seats are reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PwD).
A copy of the SC or ST or NC-OBC or PwD certificate(s) will be uploaded at the time of CAT Application registration.
Note: Updated state-wise central list of OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information with respect to the creamy layer will be available on http://www.ncbc.nic.in
How to Register for CAT 2018?
- Go to www.iimcat.ac.in and click on the ‘Register’ button under New Candidate Registration header to create your own user profile. The Registration form window will open in your browser.
- Create your own User Profile by completing the registration process and generate the OTP by clicking on to OTP button. It will redirect to CAPTCHA to fill and submit the OTP number received on your mobile for verification.
- As soon as the submission of your Registration Form, you will receive your User ID on the registered email address from the Administrator with the subject line CAT 2018 Login Details.
- Login to CAT Website.
- Fill Application Form which includes Personal, Communication Address, Academic and Emergency Contact Details, Upload Documents
- Select the Programme and the Interview City for that Programme as per the cities listed from the respective drop-down list.
- Applicant can select any four Test Cities as per his or her preference from drop-down menu.
- Click on Save and proceed to the Payment section.
- Select the Payment Mode. After selecting, the respective payment gateway will open for you.
- Candidates will take a printout of their application form for further use.
|Exam State||Exam City|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati, Chittoor, Visakhapatnam, Chirala, Kurnool, Nellore, Kakinada, Guntur, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram, Vijaywada|
|Assam||Guwahati, Silchar, Jorhat, Tezpur, Dibrugarh|
|Bihar||Patna, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Purnea, Darbhanga, Aurangabad|
|Chattisgarh||Raipur, Bilaspur, Bhillai|
|Gujarat||Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Vadodara, Surat, Ahmedabad, Mehsana, Anand|
|Haryana||Karnal, Hisar, Panipath, Ambala, Rohtak, Kurushetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Samba, Jammu,|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi, Bokaro, Jamshedpur, Hazaribagh, Dhanbad|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Mysuru (Mysore), Belagavi(Belgaum), Dharwad, Hubli, Gulbarga, Mangalore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Trivandrum, Kollam, Kannur, Ernakulam, Kozhikode, Kottayam, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Ujjain, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna,|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Amravati, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Nashik, Satara, Solapur, Ulhasnagar, Raigad, Nanded|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, Cuttack, Berhampur, Balasore, Dhenkanal, Rourkela|
|Punjab||Mohali, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Patiala, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Pathankot, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Alwar, Bikaner, Sikar, Kota|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore,Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichy|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Warangal, Karim Nagar|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Varanasi, Jhansi, Aligarh, Lucknow, Bareilly, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar and Moradabad|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Siliguri, Bankura, Kolkata, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani|
|Exam Mode||Online Test|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice and Subjective type|
|No. of Question||100|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each correct answer|
|(-) Marking||1 mark reduction for each wrong answer|
|HCF & LCM||Profit & Loss||Geometric Progression|
|Trigonometry||Ratios & Proportion||Work and time|
|Algebra||In-equations Quadratic & linear equations||Percentages|
|Partnership (Accounts)||Surds & Indices||Logarithms|
|Fill in the blanks||Para Completion & Inference||Verbal Logic|
|Reasoning Verbal||Contextual usage||Different usage of same word|
|Sentence completion||Foreign language words in English||Idioms|
|Jumbled paragraphs||Sentence correction||1 word substitution|
|Blood Relations||Puzzles||Seating Arrangement|
|Series||Clocks & Calendars||Venn Diagram|
|Direction Sense||Data Arrangement||Data Structures|
|Coding & Decoding||Family Tree||Syllogism|
|Pie Charts||Bars||Data Sufficiency|
CAT 2018 Application Fee:
- Rs. 950 for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Rs. 1900 for all other candidates.