- Total Colleges 170
- 63 Comments
|Events ||Important Dates|
|Registration process begins ||August 8, 2018|
|Last date of CAT 2018 Registration||September 26, 2018|
|Tutorial for CAT 2018||October 17, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Admit Card||October 24, 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam ||November 25, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2018:
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PwD) categories] from any recognized university/institution/college.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2018 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
1. Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks.
2. Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with the required percentage.
3. Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage.
Note: SC/ST/PwD candidates should have minimum of 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, the minimum is 50%.
CAT 2018 Reservation:
- 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
Note: Updated central list of state-wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer will be available on http://www.ncbc.nic.in
- 5% seats are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
- A copy of the SC/ST/NC-OBC/PwD certificate(s) must be uploaded at the time of CAT Application registration.
- On the website, www.iimcat.ac.in, click the ‘Register’ button under New Candidate Registration header to create your user profile. The Registration form window will open in your browser.
*Recommended browser to fill the form: Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69).
- Create your User Profile by completing the registration process, and generate the OTP by clicking on Generate OTP button. It will redirect to CAPTCHA to fill and to submit the OTP received on your mobile for verification.
- Within minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive your User ID on the registered email address from the Administrator with the subject line CAT 2018 Login Details.
- Login to CAT Website.
- Fill Application Form which includes Personal Details, Communication Address, Emergency Contact Details, Upload Documents, Academics details.
- Select the Programme and then select the Interview City for that Programme as per the cities listed from the respective drop-down list.
- Applicant can select any four Test Cities as per his/her preference from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Save and Continue to proceed to the Payment section.
- Select the Payment Mode. After selecting, the respective payment gateway will be enabled for you.
- Candidates need to take a printout of their application form for further use.
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice type and Subjective type|
|No. of Question||100 questions|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark deduction for each wrong answer|
|HCF & LCM||Profit & Loss||Geometric Progression|
|Trigonometry||Ratios and Proportion||Work and time|
|Algebra||In-equations Quadratic and linear equations||Percentages|
|Partnership (Accounts)||Surds and Indices||Logarithms|
|Fill in the blanks||Para Completion and inference||Verbal Logic|
|Verbal Reasoning||Contextual usage||Different usage of same word|
|Sentence completion||Foreign language words used in English||Idioms|
|Jumbled paragraphs||Sentence correction||One word substitution|
|Blood Relations||Puzzles||Seating Arrangement|
|Series||Clocks and Calenders||Venn Diagram|
|Direction Sense||Data Arrangement||Data Structures|
|Pie Charts||Bars||Data Sufficiency|
CAT 2018 Application Fee:
- Rs. 950 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
- Rs. 1900 for all other categories of candidates.
|CAT 2018 Registration Guide||MBA after Engineering|
|CAT V/S NMAT||7 Steps to Crack CAT in Three Months|
|Full-Time V/S Part-Time MBA||FAQs on MBA V/S PGDM|
|5 Quick and Easy steps to crack MAT 2019||MAT 2019|