- Total Colleges 613
CAT 2019 Schedule:
|CAT 2019 Application Form Release||August 8, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Application Form Last Date||September 27, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Form Correction Window Duration||September 27- September 30, 2019|
|Release of CAT Admit Card 2019||October 24, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Exam Date||November 25, 2019|
|CAT Result Date 2019||2nd Week of January 2020|
CAT 2019 Admit card:
The admit card for CAT 2019 will be released in the 2nd week of October. The candidates can check the admit card on the official website of CAT. However, the admit card will not be sent by any other means to the candidates.
How To Download CAT 2019 Admit Card Online?
- Go to the official website of CAT 2019
- Log in to the website using the login credentials (User ID & Password)
- Find and click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ link
- Check the details on the admit card. Download and take a print out for the exam
CAT 2019 Syllabus:
Mathematics or Quantitative Section:
|HCF & LCM||Profit & Loss||Geometric Progression|
|Trigonometry||Ratios & Proportion||Work and time|
|Algebra||In-equations Quadratic & linear equations||Percentages|
|Partnership (Accounts)||Surds & Indices||Logarithms|
English or Verbal Section:
|Fill in the blanks||Para Completion & Inference||Verbal Logic|
|Reasoning Verbal ||Contextual usage||Different usage of the same word|
|Sentence completion||Foreign language words in English||Idioms|
|Jumbled paragraphs||Sentence correction|
Analytical Reasoning Section:
|Blood Relations||Puzzles||Seating Arrangement|
|Series||Clocks & Calendars||Venn Diagram|
|Direction Sense||Data Arrangement||Data Structures|
|Coding & Decoding||Family Tree||Syllogism|
Data Interpretation Section:
|Pie Charts||Bars||Data Sufficiency|
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
|Exam Mode ||Online Test|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice and Subjective type|
|No. of Question||100 |
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each correct answer|
|(-) Marking||1 mark deduction for each wrong answer|
CAT 2019 Cutoff:
The cut off is the minimum mark required to qualify the exam. The cut off is decided by the conducting authorities of CAT 2019. However, the cutoff mark gets affected by some few factors. These are:
- Number of applicants
- Exam difficulty level
- Seats available
- Previous years’ cut off trend
CAT 2019 Application form:
- 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST candidates respectively. 27% of seats are reserved for OBC (Other Backward Classes) candidates of “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
- 5% seats are reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PwD).
- A copy of the SC or ST or NC-OBC or PwD certificate(s) will be uploaded at the time of CAT Application registration.
Note: Updated state-wise central list of OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information with respect to the creamy layer will be available on http://www.ncbc.nic.in
How to Register for CAT 2018?
- Go to www.iimcat.ac.in and click on the ‘Register’ button under New Candidate Registration header to create your own user profile. The Registration form window will open in your browser.
- Create your own User Profile by completing the registration process and generate the OTP by clicking on to OTP button. It will redirect to CAPTCHA to fill and submit the OTP number received on your mobile for verification.
- As soon as the submission of your Registration Form, you will receive your User ID on the registered email address from the Administrator with the subject line CAT 2018 Login Details.
- Login to CAT Website.
- Fill Application Form which includes Personal, Communication Address, Academic and Emergency Contact Details, Upload Documents
- Select the Programme and the Interview City for that Programme as per the cities listed from the respective drop-down list.
- Applicant can select any four Test Cities as per his or her preference from drop-down menu.
- Click on Save and proceed to the Payment section.
- Select the Payment Mode. After selecting, the respective payment gateway will open for you.
- Candidates will take a printout of their application form for further use.
- Candidates Photograph- jpeg
- Candidates signature- jpeg
- The photograph should be clearly visible and the signature is legible enough to be eligible.
CAT 2018 Application Fee:
- Rs. 950 for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Rs. 1900 for all other candidates.
CAT 2018 Exam Centres:
|Exam State||Exam City|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati, Chittoor, Visakhapatnam, Chirala, Kurnool, Nellore, Kakinada, Guntur, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram, Vijaywada|
|Assam||Guwahati, Silchar, Jorhat, Tezpur, Dibrugarh|
|Bihar||Patna, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Purnea, Darbhanga, Aurangabad|
|Chattisgarh||Raipur, Bilaspur, Bhillai|
|Gujarat||Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Vadodara, Surat, Ahmedabad, Mehsana, Anand|
|Haryana||Karnal, Hisar, Panipath, Ambala, Rohtak, Kurushetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Samba, Jammu,|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi, Bokaro, Jamshedpur, Hazaribagh, Dhanbad|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Mysuru (Mysore), Belagavi(Belgaum), Dharwad, Hubli, Gulbarga, Mangalore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Trivandrum, Kollam, Kannur, Ernakulam, Kozhikode, Kottayam, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Ujjain, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna,|
|Maharashtra ||Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Amravati, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Nashik, Satara, Solapur, Ulhasnagar, Raigad, Nanded|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, Cuttack, Berhampur, Balasore, Dhenkanal, Rourkela|
|Punjab||Mohali, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Patiala, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Pathankot, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Alwar, Bikaner, Sikar, Kota|
|Tamil Nadu ||Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore,Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichy|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Warangal, Karim Nagar|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Varanasi, Jhansi, Aligarh, Lucknow, Bareilly, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar and Moradabad|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, |
Asansol, Siliguri, Bankura, Kolkata, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani
CAT 2019 Counselling:
CAT 2019 Result:
How To Check CAT 2019 Result Online?
- Visit the official website of CAT 2019
- Find and go to the ‘Download Scorecard’ link
- Login to the site using your ID & Password
- You can find your result card on your account page
- Download and keep a print out for future use
CAT 2019 Answer Key:
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate should have passed the graduation degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent examination [45% in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates] from any recognized university/institution/college.
- Candidates who are appearing for the final year of graduation degree or equivalent examination or are awaiting results or those who have completed degree requirements can also apply.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2019 should fulfil any one of the following conditions:
1. Completed graduation degree with the required percentage of marks.
2. Completed professional degrees like CA or CS or ICWA with the required percentage.
3. Should be in the final year of graduation degree with the required percentage.
Note: SC/ST/PwD candidates need to have a minimum of 45% marks and for that of General and NC-OBC candidates is 50%.
CAT 2019 FAQs:
A: The CAT 2019 entrance test allows candidates to apply for MBA, PGDM, and other postgraduate management courses.