- Total Colleges 272
- 63 Comments
Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates:
|Events||Tentative Dates |
|Notification release||4th week of November 2018|
|Application form available||1st week of December 2018|
|Correction in uploaded image starts||2nd week of December 2018|
|Mock test available||3rd week of December 2018|
|Last date for application submission||1st week of January 2019|
|Application correction period||2nd to 4th week of January 2019|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of March 2019|
|Exam date (offline mode)||2nd week of April 2019|
|Exam date (online mode)||3rd week of April 2019|
|Display of OMR sheet & answer key||Last week of April 2019|
|Result/AIR declaration (paper 1)||Last week of April 2019|
|Declaration of AIR (paper 2)||Last week of May 2019|
|Counselling registration||3rd week of June 2019|
Changes made in JEE Main 2019:
- National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting JEE Main twice a year-In January and April.
- Age Limit is removed and candidates who have passed their class 12 in 2017, 2018 or are appearing in 2019 can apply irrespective of their age.
- The application fee for JEE Main 2019 has been reduced for the candidates belonging to different categories.
- 1.5 lakh common service centres have been mentioned where students can fill the application, pay fees, upload documents, download admit card and all such activities at a nominal fee.
- Paper-I will be conducted in two shifts per day whereas Paper II will be held in one shift.
- The exam will be a computer-based test from 2019, however, the drawing section of Paper 2 will be conducted as a pen and paper-based test.
- More than 3400 Practice centres have been set up across the country for the students.
- Mock tests/ Sample Papers are now available for candidates to download and practice at home or at the centres set up for this purpose.
- Candidates can appear in one or both the exams. The better of the scores will be considered for admissions.
- The exam will be held on multiple sessions and the total slots will be eight for both the January and April exams.
- The number of test cities has been increased to 264 and those abroad have been reduced to 9 (Dhaka is no longer an option).
- The candidates who wish to apply for JEE Main 2019 Paper II will have to meet the criteria of 50% individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% aggregate marks in 10+2th standard (or equivalent) examination.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has begun the application form correction process for JEE Main January 2019 exam. The form correction facility can be availed through the official website of NTA and JEE Main 2019. The facility to make corrections in the application form will be available till October 14, 2018, 11:50 pm.
The candidates will be able to check their JEE Main 2019 result by online mode at nta.nic.in
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying for the JEE Main exam. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria from below.
- The date of birth should fall on or after 1st October 1994.
- For SC/ST & PwD candidates, the DOB should fall on or after 1st October 1989.
- .Candidates can attempt for maximum three times for the JEE Mains exam.
- Attempt limit is the same for all the categories.
- For JEE Advanced, candidates can appear for a maximum of two consecutive years.
JEE Main Registration 2019:
- Candidates need to register using their name, date of birth, identification ID and more details.
- Fill the Online Application Form that includes providing Personal, academic details, contact details and uploading of scanned documents.
- The application fee has to be paid in online or offline mode.
- After the completion of fee payment, download and take out a print copy of the acknowledgement slip.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern:
|JEE Main Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus:
The detailed syllabus of JEE Main 2019 is given below-
JEE Main 2019 Exam Centre:
To know the exam centres for JEE MAIN 2019 Click Here
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card:
- Candidates can download the admit card for JEE Main 2019 from the official website of NTA-JEE Main from 17th December 2018 onwards.
- Candidates will not be allowed to change their examination centre, date or shift other than that mentioned in their admit cards.
- Candidates should read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
JEE Main 2019 Application Fee:
The application fee is non-refundable and is accepted through the online mode of payment and also through e-challan.
|Exam||Category||Application fee in India||Application fee outside India|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2 (B.E./B.Tech.)||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2 (B.E./B.Tech.)||SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender|
|Both Paper 1 & Paper 2||Gen/OBC-NCL|
|Both Paper 1 & Paper 2||SC/ST/PwD & Transgender|