Experience of Studying Abroad
The IIM –CAP 2019 (common admission Process) is to get admission in to 10 new and baby IIMs. There are 6 new IIMs that are-
And there are 4 baby IIMs that are-
The CAP 2019 has started from February 2019 and it consists of 2 tiers that are – WAT (Written ability Test) & PI (Personal Interview). This year the CAP 2019 was conducted by IIM Ranchi. Previous year it was IIM Rohtak that has organized the CAP 2018. IIM Ranchi has not announced the name of the CAP participating Institutes but from the information shared in the personal website of the IIMs it is expected that the above 10 IIMs will participate in CAP 2019.
Know details about CAT 2019 : CAT 2019 official website is now available, Check details here
- These 10 IIMs will choose their candidates on the basis of valid CAT-2018 score, WAT & PI score, academic profile, work experience, etc.
- IIM, Ranchi is going to declare a common shortlist for all the participating IIMs for WAT & PI round.
Last year IIM Rohtak increased the number of listed candidates from 11846 to 12790 for CAP 2nd round. As the number of seats in each IIM increased, it is expected that around 14000 aspirants who attend and qualify in CAT 2018 can be listed for CAP 2019.
Last year CAP participating IIMs had an intake of 1460 seats for 9 IIMs so this year the seat number is expected to be increased before the release of CAT 2018 result.
Here is the list of the 9 IIMs and their number of seat intake:
|Indian Institute of Management || intake for 2019-21|
| IIM Bodhgaya||60 (Baby IIM)|
|IIM Kashipur ||220|
| IIM Raipur ||280|
|IIM Ranchi ||120|
| IIM Rohtak ||240|
| IIM Sambalpur||60 (Baby IIM)|
| IIM Sirmaur ||60 (Baby IIM)|
| IIM Tiruchirappalli||180|
| IIM Udaipur||260|
CAP 2019 rules:
- Here are some rules for the Common Admission Process (CAT) for PG program for the academic year 2019-21 batch
- The individual IIM have to select the qualified candidates according to their shortlisting criteria. Then the organizing body, IIM Ranchi will combine the shortlists of all the IIMs for further processing. The criteria for shortlisting is same for all the participating IIM.
- And from the combined list prepared by the coordinating IIM, candidates will be informed about the PI & WAT.
- Admission notification will be out on the common admission website in 3rd week of January 2019.
- Request to change the centre for IP & WAT should be informed to the IIM Ranchi before the first week of February 2019 and decision will be taken after communicating with the candidate.
- The final merit list is based on some facts that are the PI & WAT score, CAT 2018 score, profile score and any other score.
- Every participating IIM has its own selection criteria and according to this they make their final merit list. And one can get all the information about this criteria on the website of the respective institutes.
- It is compulsory for all the shortlisted candidate to attend the PI & WAT of CAP 2019.
- The score of the old IIMs are not applicable.
Important dates of CAT 2019:
|Important event|| Dates|
|Declaration of shortlist||3rd week January 2019|
|Announcement of CAP 2019||3rd week Jan 2019|
|Call for CAP for shortlisted candidate||3rd week Jan 2019|
|Last date to apply for a change of CAP center||1st week Feb 2019|
|CAP 2019 start date||Mid Feb 2019|
|CAP 2019 end date||2nd week March 2019|
PI & WAT CENTRE:
The short-listed candidates have to attend the WAT & PI process at their respective interview centres and that are New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and Kolkata. The exact date of PI & WAT will be informed to the listed candidate by the IIM Ranchi.
The exact time of CAP 2019 is after two weeks from the CAT 2018 result date. It will be announced by the coordinating IIM after the result declaration of CAT 2018.
Read More about : Know how to crack GD/PI and WAT for CAT-2019?
Coordination process between New and old IIMs:
Candidates who are shortlisted for some old IIMs can skip the CAP as some old IIMs will share their PA scores with IIM Ranchi. The score of PA process will be shared with other participating CAP who will have to prepare their own merit list according to the score.
7 steps in new IIMs CAP 2019:
- A shortlist is prepared by every individual IIM
- Each IIM have to send the shortlist to the Cap 2019 coordinator- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Ranchi will create the final shortlist of candidates for CAP 2019 calls.
- The listed candidates to participate in PI & WAT.
- IIM Ranchi will send the CAP 2019 score then to all the participating IIMs.
- All the participating IIM have to prepare their own final admission list.
- Finally listed candidates can get admission into the referred IIM
Read also : CAT 2019 Exam: Things you should take care of on the test day
9:15 am – 5:00 pm