Expert Advise on How to Cover All Sections for XAT Preparation
- Posted by Bibhor Mohanta
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is a national-level management entrance exam conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur for taking students into the management programme at XLRI and other institutions affiliated by XLRI.
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern: XAT 2020 is an online mode exam consists of 4 subjects:
|Subjects||Number of Question|
|Verbal and Logical Reasoning||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data interpretation||27|
Read also: XAT Preparation Tip: Know How to Prepare
XAT 2020 Section Wise Preparation Tips:
1. Quantitative Aptitude and data interpretation:
This part consists of the highest number of questions (27) with the highest mark (27). Generally mathematics part is the tough part among all so students have to take hard work with putting efficiency. We can also say this is the time-consuming part among 4. To develop the Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation students have to follow certain things.
- Through with the Syllabus- Students should take a complete idea about the quantitative aptitude syllabus such as Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Number System. include Bar Chart, Pie Chart, Tables, Line Graphs among others are in Data interpretation part.
- Take proper books and study materials- If you are unknown about the topics then it should be better for the candidates to start everything from the root. If your foundation is strong then it will create benefits for you.
- Apply short tricks- Within a limited time period, students have to appear a number of questions. If you don't apply the short tricks then it will be complicated for you to solve the required questions.
- Work on weak topics-If students have the proper time to cover all topics then it is advised that they should work on with weak topic first. Ultimately at the time of the exam, all weak parts become easy.
- Take an online Test- After a few days of preparation, it is very essential to check your strength. Mock Test is the only way to check your strength, weakness and time-management capacity.
This part consists of 26 questions with 26 marks. We can say this part either more easy or more difficult. Once the solution comes quickly in your mind then it's ok otherwise it will create a time problem. Students have to calculate their own prospective time for the logical part. Within one minute of time students have to complete one to one-half questions.
- Take Books and study materials-Use proper books and materials to clear your concepts from the ground level. Books clear your dought but in a lengthy process so you have to find out the shortest one.
- Take an online test- Mock test must when you are appearing for an online entrance exam. Online test enhance your ability, create confidence and awareness of your weak part.
- Skip hard question- If you stuck on a question than its better for everyone to skip that because it creates a time-consuming problem and second thing is, may you find easier one in the next question.
3. Decision Making:
Decision making is a part where everyone should focus on what exactly the environment want. you have to thing your opinion but don't put on. Wait for the right decision.
- Understand your options- You can’t make a good decision if you don’t know exactly how many choices you really have. So, take some time to understand the options that are available to you.
- Don't over think-Overthinking a decision can through you off making a good decision faster than just about anything else.
- Eliminate the unwanted- While you are taking a question at that very momment you can easily eliminate the two things and stuck down with 2 options. Some times this elimination concept is good to choose the correct one. Making a good decision isn’t always about focusing on what you want. Often, it’s about focusing on what you don’t want.
4. General Knowledge:
If you see, it covers a vast section including History, Geography, Politics, Science, Environment, Sociology, current affairs, and many more. This part contains more time to cover. Here some tips to cover General Knowledge part.
- Watching TV and Listening to Radio- Students are advised to take a few hours of news bulletin through TV and Radio. Especially the news channel, educational channel, informative channel, etc.
- Reading the newspaper and Magazines-Reading newspaper is another best way to increase your General Knowledge. Unfortunately, the younger one rarely takes reading newspaper habit. Every family acquainted with the newspaper, so you have to start with this habit and make habit of reading a magazine in a weekly period.
- General Knowledge Websites- We are surrounded by the Internet each and every time. Every information you can find from the internet. Follow the best website which gives you information about General knowledge such as Britannica, Encyclopedia and may more.
- GK Apps- If you have a good smartphone then it's better for you to download some GK Apps. Because of anywhere anytime you can access this app.
- Online GK test- Online test is a must, to check your capacity of remembering. Go through the test with a regular interval of time.