Digital marketing – next big career opportunity
- Posted by Admin
In this era of cut-throat competition, where every single brand is struggling to find its way to the top, digital media plays a big role. It paves the way for the consumers to go through every single brand available in the market and compare the quality, variety, and price as per their own needs… because of a busy schedule and heavy work pressure no one today, as the ample time to visit various brand outlets and compare the dress materials and prices with the other. One can easily find a way to clear all their doubts with just one tap on their smartphones or by one click on their desktop mouse. Hence, this marketing process can briefly be summed up as-
Digital marketing is basically the marketing of products and services using digital networks i.e. internet based marketing… It promotes its products and services electronically on the internet. No actual marketing takes place here… everything is simply online.. but at the same time, this marketing does require mobile phones, display advertising or even other digital media…
Earlier, there was nothing such as digital marketing… it was us who gave rise to this digital marketing… and now, as this boon in disguise is gradually rising and trying to compete for the actual marketing, it might soon overpower it’s competitor as consumers seem to like this platform even better…
For those who are planning to go ahead and take digital marketing up as a career, go ahead cause this time it’s your call:
Here are some basic fields you can lay your hands on if you want to convert your passion into your profession:
- Video/audio production
- Interactive technology (such as AI)
- Mobile marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
- Content management and curation
- Web development
- Web design
- Copywriting and editing
- Business/marketing strategy
Now some of you might be thinking as to why should you opt for this as a career… so here you go.. these few reasons might help you clear your doubts…
Digital marketing is a career that revolves around people of technician background to people having a creative background…people coming from business fields also have a major role to play.
- The digital industry is always evolving… you might see something and go to sleep and find everything turned topsy-turvy the very next morning itself.. Hence in this field where lots and lots are happening and changing every single minute, there is always something new and interesting to learn. Secondly, because this profession is more like an open door to various backgrounds, you will be working with a team in which every single member comes from a different background, thus making your project much creative and interesting by different kinds of ideas coming from the minds of various kinds of thinkers.. Hence the marketing strategies brought up at the end would be very innovative.
- Digital skill’s gap – Our country is very much lagging behind when compared to the foreign nations like the U.S. digitally… In order to prove ourselves, we need to fulfill the growing demand for people with digital skills, especially in the middle-income market.
- Versatility – No other profession gives you this kind of liberty or freedom as this one does…you can switch your specialization while still working harder on your previous skills while staying in the same field. There are plenty of fields to choose between where different skills sync together perfectly in each field.
- High- income – since this job is the new trend, there’s more scope to negotiate remuneration whether one is working from the house or as a freelancer. According to the Creative Group, content writers early in their career will likely start at a salary of at least 2.5lac and a new SEO specialist will probably be earning about 2.8lac to start.
- Creativity – one can get ample scope to pour his creativity in this profession. Not only can you show your creativity by your words and thoughts but also through your videos and audio production processes. There is also enough scope for the day – to- day creative ideas to build on .. one can build up creative ideas, new ways of launching products in the market, solve various problems and how to capture the minds of the audience.